Respected Contributor

Good morning girlfriend,

I hope you are having a lovely day thus far.

Goldie would you happen to have a favorite Greek recipe for octapodi?

Other than grilled or made in a salad? I am so tired of the same old.

A friend bought a few over today which he caught off Montauk Point yesterday, and they are very fresh.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Hi Goldie,

We ended up cleaning the octopodi and then slicing them and placing on the BBQ and charcoal broiled them.

Since we were given 2 octopodi we placed one after charbroiling it into olive oil with lemon and touch of red wine vinegar, mixed with Greek oregano and a few other Greek herbs. This can be used as a cold appetizer.

We served 1 charbroiled with a Greek Salad and Greek lemon potatoes. It was quite sizable so we still had leftovers for later.

Honestly it really was delicious, but if you have a different favorite octopodi recipe and can post it for future use please do, and I hope you have a lovely week, and upcoming weekend!

Efharesto para polie felenatha mou.........which translated from Greek into English means with many thanks, my girlfriend.

Super Contributor

Have you tried googling it ???

Respected Contributor
What is an Octopodi ? Can they be bought at a seafood shop ?
Respected Contributor
I should change my name to idiot.....I just looked it up and it is the plural of octopus. I have a goal of learning something new every day. Thank you for being today's teaching moment. ( I always thought it was octopi which I now find is incorrect....and I studied Latin . I also see that octopuses is correct which seems wrong some how.)
Respected Contributor

Remee thanks, but I did not want to google anything.

I wanted a personal Greek octopodi favorite recipe from my friend Goldie, which is why I paged her specifically.

Respected Contributor

Danky one is never too young or old to learn something new.

Keeps the mind active.

I just hope Goldie eventually responds to this thread, of which I specifically paged her, for a favorite Greek ethnic recipe she likes and can recommend.

Honored Contributor

Adore, I am so sorry that I did not see your post until now. The last week has been dreadful (don't want to share, forgive me). Today, something told me to look at the "All Categories" section; in fact, the "little voice" told me to do it three times before I finally accessed it. (I've been visiting only the "Linea" site the last several days.)

Anyway, I am so, so sorry. I do not have a special recipe. Octopodi went under the same category in my house as mageritsa. I do not like either one, and my late husband prepared them. (I wouldn't even look at them.)

I'm trying to recall something, anything special, and I cannot.

I am sorry I couldn't come through for you, dear friend. How wonderful, though, to have had access to specimens so fresh!

Respected Contributor

My Dear Goldie,

I am sending prayers, hugs, and blessings, your way.

Whatever it is which is dreadful I hope will pass quickly and cause minimum upheaval. If I can help in anyway please page me.

Thank you anyway and I understand what you are saying because mageritsa was never anything i would entertain even tasting, along with trahana and eel in sauce which was a relatives favorite to serve, so I can understand your reply about octopodi.

Now I will use my imagination and in future make freshly caught octopodi slowly braised in a rich Greek tomato sauce. I just thought perhaps you had an old family Greek recipe you could recall.

Phillip and I brought home lovely freshly caught fish and will be making them broiled with lemon sauce for dinner tonight.

We are lucky to live right at the shore line and have access to friends who fish often and bring us goodies, or we just buy seafood right off the boats when they come in with their catch of the day. They will remove the scales, and gut the seafood if needed, also removing tails heads and fins. It is nice to have fresh seafood right off the boat and I wish you were her to enjoy it with us.

Take care Goldie and again if you need to just cyber chat please page me.

God Bless...stay well, and stay safe.

Honored Contributor

Oh, adore, thank you so, so much for your cyber hug (( )). What is wrong is something that can't be undone and is part of the march of time. How much I appreciate your concern. You are so caring, and I love that.

Give my love to Phillip.