Super Contributor

The people who complain about hotdogs, and are disgusted with people eating them. but they STILL eat any meat products from their local grocery store.

So funny.

You should become Vegan.

Honored Contributor

Who does that? My guess is that people who complain about hot dogs wouldn't eat any kind of processed meat.

Honored Contributor

Where did this come from?? Am I missing something here?

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor
On 7/27/2014 radimage said:

The people who complain about hotdogs, and are disgusted with people eating them. but they STILL eat any meat products from their local grocery store.

So funny.

You should become Vegan.

I don't care if people eat hotdogs. Was someone disgusted with you because you eat hotdogs? If so, just ignore.

Honored Contributor

I only eat Kosher dogs. Not vegan but not pork and hopefully not a lot of things.....

Esteemed Contributor

Hi rad,

I used to be an engineer for Farmer John before I moved to the East Coast.

Farmer John is a regional meat processing plant in Los Angeles. They are wholly owned by Hormel. I was deeply involved in the manufacturing processes, including the hot dog plant!

Premium hot dogs are made from the brisket of the pig. They are hand cut, not machine cut, so there are no bone fragments.

The brisket is transported from Pork Cut to the Hot Dog plant. It is placed into an industrial sized blender with corn syrup, spices and color (sodium nitrate). It is slow ground in the blender for a number of hours.

From the blender, it is mechanically placed into the organic hot dog skin and moved to the smokehouse. It is smoked with liquid smoke (better for the environment) for 6 hours, removed from the skin and packaged.

When I met the Production Supervisor for the Hot Dog plant, he told me that the main reason why he took his job to heart was because 70% of his customers are under 8 years old.

I started eating pork because I worked there.

And bacon is the cure for vegan!

Let me know if anyone wants to know how bacon is made!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Hi rad,

I used to be an engineer for Farmer John before I moved to the East Coast.

Farmer John is a regional meat processing plant in Los Angeles. They are wholly owned by Hormel. I was deeply involved in the manufacturing processes, including the hot dog plant!

Premium hot dogs are made from the brisket of the pig. They are hand cut, not machine cut, so there are no bone fragments.

The brisket is transported from Pork Cut to the Hot Dog plant. It is placed into an industrial sized blender with corn syrup, spices and color (sodium nitrate). It is slow ground in the blender for a number of hours.

From the blender, it is mechanically placed into the organic hot dog skin and moved to the smokehouse. It is smoked with liquid smoke (better for the environment) for 6 hours, removed from the skin and packaged.

When I met the Production Supervisor for the Hot Dog plant, he told me that the main reason why he took his job to heart was because 70% of his customers are under 8 years old.

I started eating pork because I worked there.

And bacon is the cure for vegan!

Let me know if anyone wants to know how bacon is made!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Everything is better with bacon!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Unfortunately I usually use the lower-fat and I don't eat much....{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

((( kittymom )))

I LOVE bacon. I eat it in moderation once in a blue moon, but it makes everything better!

When I was a new stepmom, I made a bacon mac and cheese for my stepsons. Winner!

At the meat packing plant, one facility cooked the sausage and bacon for the fast food restaurants. The lab (tested for weight and width) offered samples to the employees.

Thank goodness I was not doing carbs at the time!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.