Respected Contributor

Work party at my house, what to serve?

I am having a work party of probably 5 guys. All the work being done is at no charge. I will be feeding them lunch. I am considering meatball subs, potato salad, fruit and cold drinks. Do I need to fill out the menu, or make it more nibblish? Is this too heavy of a meal? Imput please.
Respected Contributor

Re: Work party at my house, what to serve?

My input: R U kidding! They'll eat anything.

Super Contributor

I recently had a few guys at my house doing some work. I grilled up burgers for them, then had all the fixings and various sides (chips, potato salad, fruit salad). It was a big hit. What guy doesn't like a good burger?
Respected Contributor

These are guys. They'll eat anything that's brown or yellow. Example: potatoes, potato chips, potato salad, fries, burgers, hotdogs, pizza, hot wings, bread sticks, meatballs, etc.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Guys like meat and bread, the basics... nothing delicate. Burgers, subs, they will devour! Have fun :-)

Super Contributor

Why not ask the guys what they want to eat. Give them what they want. You can add a few surprises to your menu.
Respected Contributor

Not sure who is going to show up. Church thing. I am a widow, they are helping me out of kindness. You guys are right. Stick to basics.
Honored Contributor

You had me at meatball subs.
Regular Contributor

Kitty: right on. Keep it basic and simple and they will enjoy whatever you fix for them. Don't forget to put out lots of cold drinks and cold water too. Do get back here with us later and tell us what you ended up serving them, and how much they liked it!!

Honored Contributor

How about some sort of skillet meal--old fashioned goulash or something like that served over rice, noodles, etc.