Honored Contributor

Do you go to restaurants alone?

The other day I went to IHOP all by myself and had a BLT for lunch. I sat quietly and read my book. I thought I'd feel weird about it, but it was actually very relaxing.

Do you go to restaurants alone?

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you go to restaurants alone?

No, if I'm hungry if I'm out by myself, I would just pick up a latte and eat a tigers milk bar I keep in my purse.
Regular Contributor

I do sometimes for lunch. With my job I am seeing people all day long and I go home to the husband and kids and pets and responsibilities, etc., so sometimes a quiet lunch with a book, all by myself, is really nice!

Honored Contributor

All the time. There are too many good restaurants in my area and I'm single. Sometimes it's not easy to arrange a group to go and it's easier to be spontaneous when you don't invite others. My commute after work used to be very long. Often I would avoid traffic by going out to dinner after work and then getting on the road, cutting my commute time in half.

Now that I live closer to work, I don't eat out as much and cook more, but I still eat dinner out at least once a week. I bring my Kindle and I treasure my time reading while enjoying a great meal.

Other times if I need to work late or over a weekend, I bring my work to a restaurant or a coffee shop. It's a nice change of pace from the office and if I have my earbuds in and my music on, it's less distracting than working from home, where anything else might tempt me away from work.

Honored Contributor

i do it often.....just did it the other day.

i am away and was out and doing some errands. i got hungry and wanted to try a new diner that opened up recently in the area. i had my phone, a magazine, and i sat in a booth by myself. i LOVE my "ME" time. it is very relaxing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Sure...why not?

Trusted Contributor

No reason to feel weird. A lot of people are by themselves. You gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 NanciJ said:

Sure...why not?

I know people who refuse to do it because it makes them uncomfortable and they feel like they're being judged. I have one friend who went from living with his parents to living with his wife and when she leaves town for conventions and things, he won't go out to eat alone and is always asking other people to do things with him because he can't handle being alone at all. Unfortuately, he also doesn't plan anything, ever, so his request are usually "let's go now."

Honored Contributor

For lunch, all the time. For dinner, infrequently.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Yep, and movies too!!!!