Super Contributor
Last time I was at Costco I saw that they had frozen salmon in the frozen section. Wondering if anyone has tried this, and what your thoughts are? I imagine it is like the frozen chicken breasts, which come in handy to have on hand. I am only one person and this would be a good way for me to have salmon on hand more often.
Super Contributor

Was it the ""pre-seared"" packages? I thought it looked yummy. Was very tempted.

Honored Contributor

Had some grilled for dinner tonight. I do not eat red meat and this is a staple for me. Hope you try it and are pleased.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor
No it wasn't, but I have seen the ones that you are asking about. The ones I saw were in a bag, with probably 15 or so filets. You would need to cook these, they weren't pre cooked or anything like that.
Super Contributor
On 7/23/2014 Drythe said:

Had some grilled for dinner tonight. I do not eat red meat and this is a staple for me. Hope you try it and are pleased.

Oh great to know. Was the the frozen kind in the bag that would need to be fully cooked?
Honored Contributor

I try to buy salmon that is not farm raised, and is not caught and or processed in Asia. It can be found, but you have to look.

Super Contributor

Fillets? I'll have to look for those.

I have bought the salmon patties / burgers, those are a staple for the freezer and lunches.

Super Contributor
I looked at the patties too. I thought they would be great for lunches. I am heading to Costco this weekend and may have to pick those up too.. Thanks for the suggestion.
Valued Contributor

Costco has both Atlantic Salmon filets (frozen) that are farm-raised, which we don't buy, but we do buy and love their frozen Wild Alaskan Salmon Marinated fillets (wild caught). They're individually packaged and wonderful. The marinade is all natural - olive oil and spices.

Super Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look at the marinated filets this weekend too. Open to any other suggestions also....just add to the list, lol.