Contributor
Is it just me or should they explaine how to cook the burgers and should they be defrosted? Any more there is a lot of talking, but very little information given.
Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty simple.

Trusted Contributor

On every presentation I have seen, they have mentioned that they can be pan fried, baked, grilled, or even microwaved. I do not know what else there is to say.

Regular Contributor

I put them right in my oven. They are very very good unlike store bought including trader joes!!!! I recommend them!!!

Arley

Super Contributor

I've been buying these for years - before Q started selling them. Learned about them when we had them at a restaurant up in NJ about 7years ago.

By far the best way and for the best mouth feel and taste: From frozen - wrap in a cloth napkin (you can use a paper towel; I just don't happen to use paper towels very much for anything). Nuke for 45 seconds; turn over and nuke for 30 seconds. While doing this, heat a cast iron skillet on high. After nuking, toss in the skillet for about a minute on each side. Sometimes, after removing the patty from the skillet, I drop in a pat of butter and some olive oil and dump in a handful of frozen fire roasted portabello mushroom. Only takes a minute for them to heat fully in the hot pan.

They are ALREADY fully cooked before being frozen, so the ONLY reason to cook is to heat through and make them have a good texture.

You can also heat all the way just in the skillet - use a much lower temperature, so the patty gets hot through without burning on the outside. Same if cooking on the grill. I never bothered with the oven, as I only cook one at a time.

I often have one of these for breakfast, so the combination of nukking and the red hot skillet works best and fastest.

My favorites are the Asian Sensation and Mushroom.

Honored Contributor
I cook them in the toaster from frozen
Honored Contributor

If you buy them frozen, it is best to cook them frozen. Veggie burgers if overcooked can get too dried out. If you make them fresh from scratch, you don't want to over cook them either. I love veggie burgers! I love them best fresh, home made. But give me a good Boca Burger (organic) anyday, YUM!!!

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 dex said: I cook them in the toaster from frozen

THat is a great I idea, I did that a few times, but forget about doing that so often. Now id I just can remember that suggestion the next time, LOL! Microwaving can give them a funky flavor.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone have the cooking instructions for a conventional oven? I have one more bag of veggie burgers in the freezer and can't find the slip that came with my shipment.

Thanks!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

We steam veggie burgers in the oven. From frozen put the burger on a steaming or cooling rack. Place that in a baking dish filled about 1/4 the way with water. Cover the lot in tinfoil and bake for 15-20 on 350.

They come out very moist without the shrinkage I would get when I dry baked or pan fried.

We came up with the idea after we saw the veggie burgers at our sports arena being steamed like they steam hot dogs.