Honored Contributor

I organized a "girls only" picnic for today.

My school girlfriends always like to connect a couple of times during summer break. That usually means a luncheon in a restaurant.

I decided to plan a picnic in the park this month.. girls only… lots of fuss.. tablecloths, teacups and everything that goes with it.

Today's the day and I'm very excited.

The world needs more picnics, in my opinion. Smile

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I organized a ""girls only"" picnic for today.

Great idea!!!

Honored Contributor

I just took a co-worker out on Monday for a birthday dinner. There were three of us and we had two salads and a sandwich, no alcohol, appetizers or desserts. The other co-worker and I split the bill, which my share was $22... + tip. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A picnic definitely sounds great! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Sounds like fun! Enjoy your picnic and let us know how it goes.

Honored Contributor

What a fun idea!!! I bet you will have alot of fun.

Honored Contributor

Sounds wonderful. Love your spirit house cat.
Honored Contributor

Great idea, sounds like fun.

Honored Contributor

I'd been fussing all week trying to find a pretty way to wrap the sandwiches.. then I wound up buying round rolls and now I'm confuddled again. Some people don't worry about silly things like that, but I'm a futzer.

By the way.. I should have said earlier.. I wish you all could join us!

That would be so much fun!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 lolakimono said:

I just took a co-worker out on Monday for a birthday dinner. There were three of us and we had two salads and a sandwich, no alcohol, appetizers or desserts. The other co-worker and I split the bill, which my share was $22... + tip. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A picnic definitely sounds great! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

My two closest friends and I go out every first Thursday of the month. We chose that day because we are all likely to have money, since we get paid the first of the month.

Last month we went to an Indian restaurant. The food was excellent but the bill for the three of us was $96, before the tip. No alcohol, just water and hot tea.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 house_cat said:

I'd been fussing all week trying to find a pretty way to wrap the sandwiches.. then I wound up buying round rolls and now I'm confuddled again. Some people don't worry about silly things like that, but I'm a futzer.

By the way.. I should have said earlier.. I wish you all could join us!

That would be so much fun!

When i was little our "nanny" would wrap our sandwiches in a piece of wax paper as that was what was available back then . but she would also put a piece of colored tissue paper on the outside of the waxed paper so our sandwiches were all wrapped in different colors. all she did was put down a piece of tissue paper then the wax paper on top - then the sandwich then wrap it up as one piece and the tissue paper was on the outside and always looked so nice. I used to do the same for my stepkids too. We also would have fruit that was polished to within an inch of it's life and 2 cookies put together with colored icing - like 2 choc chip cookies stuck together on the bottom with a bright colored icing. Anne Ruth's lunches were something to behold !