Not applicable

lock & lock replacement lids

I have been trying to get replacement lids from lock & lock for over 6 months. The first time I called the lady told me that I would have my 4 lids within 4 to 6 weeks. I waited patiently for 8 weeks and when my lids didn't arrive I called again and talked to a different lady.

I explained my situation and told her that I now needed 6 lids and she apologized for the first lady and said that she would see to it that my 6 lids would be in the mail and at my home within 2 weeks.

I waited 2 MONTHS! I still don't have any new lids, so I just called lock & lock again and this time I was told that I have to send them a photo of the lids or I have to pay the postage to send the broken ones back to them as PROOF that the lids are broken!

Who would ask for replacement lids if the originals weren't broken???

I refuse to pay to have pictures developed and pay postage to mail them to California...I don't have the capability of sending them via my phone and I'm certainly not paying the postage to send broken lids back to them!

I AM going to Wall-Mart and buying the Rubbermaid version of the container! Just as good as my daughter has told me several times!

Valued Contributor

Re: lock & lock replacement lids

I have several broken lids also, but I haven't attempted to get replacements because on the warranty card it stated you need to submit proof of purchase receipts. I don't have those receipts. I will never buy another Lock & Lock because of this. The lids break too easily.

Frequent Contributor

You don't have to develop pics and send them to CA. You would take a pic and email them.

That's what I did the last time and they sent me a lid for free. Recently I had another lid that needed to be replaced and this is the email response I received from them:

Sorry for the inconvenience, in order to replace any items, we

do ask for proof of purchase, the model number that is located in the
bottom of the container (It starts with the letter H), we also need a picture of the damage item that
you are requesting. We do charge for shipping and handling, and for this lid is $3.00
you can call 1800-608-9788 to pay by phone.

I won't be purchasing anymore.
Honored Contributor

I would let Chris Pryne know about your experience; don't know if she has any influence or not, but I would still tell her

Trusted Contributor

While I certainly agree that one should not have to wait months for replacements or be given the runaround, I find it perfectly reasonable for the company to require the purchasers to provide proof of purchase and pay shipping.

Valued Contributor

At one time I needed 4 lids to be replaced because they the locking tabs had broken off. I called QVC's customer service and they said I needed to call the LnL customer service number and they gave it to me. So for the next 2 weeks or so I called and never got anyone to answer the phone, finally after 2 weeks someone did say "hello". I told them that I was wanting 4 lids for my drinking cups, these tumblers came included inside a set of rectangle shaped LnL. The lady said I could only have them if I sent some proof of purchase. And then they would be happy to send them to me.

You've got to be kidding me...... I no longer had my invoices, I had all ready owned these drinking cups for a couple of years. So I thought how in the world can I get my proof out to them....duh.....so I'm a little slow. I went online and searched through pages of my orders, then once I found what I was looking for I printed up the 4 separate orders and put them in an envelope and mailed it off. I had my 4 lids within a week or so. But still it's dumb that they have you do this.

Honored Contributor

Chris Prine will help you. She's always coming to the rescue.

Esteemed Contributor

If no proof of purchase is required then anyone could get extras for free. What retailer out there that sells to a mass audience would just give you stuff with no documentation? At least LnL has replacement pieces.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Can't you email the pictures and the QVC packing slip?

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

If no proof of purchase is required then anyone could get extras for free. What retailer out there that sells to a mass audience would just give you stuff with no documentation? At least LnL has replacement pieces.

I think that's what L&L discovered. Up until a couple years ago, all you had to do was call and give them the model number of the piece in question, and they would ship out a replacement.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland