Honored Contributor

O/T: Summer is through with me.

Maybe it's because we never had a winter this year.. I'm not sure, but I do think that summer is through with me and I feel the same about it.

Am I the only one who likes cooler temps and shorter days?

It seems that way.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: O/T: Summer is through with me.

Could you be missing the kiddies and ready for the new academic year??!!!! Smiley Very Happy. No, I love the longer days of summer!! And right now, Mother Nature is being very nice in my neck of the woods on the East Coast--- have had some very HHH (hot, humid and hazy) days, some hot w/o the humidity days (wonderful), some spring-andlike temps, and some cooler days where the AC can be cut off and windows opened. When you have four seasons, summer affords time for so many outdoor activities-- winters, not so much. Or, maybe you are just missing the East Coast! It will pass. Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

You're right, Vabreeze.. summer is sweeter when there are four seasons. I miss that. Also, there is a great deal of tension and sadness around here right now and I think I'd be better off at work. I didn't want this to be a total bring-down thread, so I'm not going to elaborate, but things have been tough lately.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Here in New England winter went on forever. We're not quite through with summer yet, in fact, I don't think we'll be through with it for a while.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the hot weather...can't wait for winter or the cooler times...took the Grands to play miniature golf today.....thought I would die before they were done...it was sooooooooooo hot..that sun beating down on us....I told them not to ask me to take them again till the weather was cooler....I was wiped out by the time we came home...

Trusted Contributor

Sorry that this is happening with you but things will get better. You have to believe that, h_c. Will add you to the list of people I include in my prayers.
Contributor

I live in the mid Hudson valley of NY, and our winter was horrible and seemed endless.

I am already getting nervous that we're entering August, because although I do enjoy fall...It means winter is around the corner. And I HATE WINTER!

If it were up to me, summer would last forever!!! I am DONE with winters.

Honored Contributor

we had a very rare cool snap last week; it didn't get out of the 70's for two days and we had 3 inches of rain on Thursday....it is never that cool in July in Texas....not since the 1920's....we stayed outside as much as possible just to enjoy it......Yesterday it was back to 100 degrees and miserable. The heat saps my energy for sure....I have to keep telling myself what my mother would say during the long, hot, Texas summers...."fall is coming....it always does"...and she was right but sometimes it seems to take longer and longer to get here!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/21/2014 house_cat said:

You're right, Vabreeze.. summer is sweeter when there are four seasons. I miss that. Also, there is a great deal of tension and sadness around here right now and I think I'd be better off at work. I didn't want this to be a total bring-down thread, so I'm not going to elaborate, but things have been tough lately.

Just sending you a (((hug)))

Esteemed Contributor

D ~

I am sorry you are having a rough time. You know that your bb friends are here if and when. . .

In the meantime, I wish you peace.