Esteemed Contributor

How Does Everyone Prepare Salmon?

I usually bake it in a glass baking dish: heat the dish as I preheat the oven - @ 400, then EVOO on the bottom, flip the salmon so the oil coats both sides, skin side down, sprinkle w/ tarragon vinegar, salt, cracked black pepper and Old Bay - 22 minutes. Perfection!

Here's the kicker, though, we use maple syrup over the baked salmon.

I used to do it on the George Foreman grill, but it stunk up the kitchen. There's no odor w/ baking.

Any other interesting garnishes or spices/herbs? We just eat the salmon, no other vegetables or sides.

Trusted Contributor

Re: How Does Everyone Prepare Salmon?

I too bake it at 400. Sometimes I just use lemon and olive oil, salt and pepper, other times I make a sauce with mustard, olive oil, a bit of honey and lemon. delicious.

Honored Contributor

broiled or poached

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I brush it with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. Then saute in a pan on the stove, turning once. (Spray the pan with Pam and add a small amount of olive oil.) We eat it with Marie's Peppercorn Ranch Dressing or Marzetti Ranch dressing spooned over the top. Mr. Shoes tried the ranch dressing on a whim years ago and we loved it, so it became our standard salmon topping, lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

we do it on the grill on a cedar plank. thin coat of olive oil and fresh dill

delicious.

Trusted Contributor

I usually bake salmon in the oven. SO easy and always delicious. I put the salmon fillet skin side down in a foil-lined baking pan. Sometime I simply spread olive oil over it and then sprinkle with fresh or dried dill. Other times I spread on a bottled teriyaki marinade and then coat with oil or spritz with cooking spray. Then I put it in a 415 degree oven uncovered and bake till it's done and browning on top -- usually 20 - 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Toss the foil and you don't even have to wash the pan! Serve with lemon wedges.

It's also good on the grill, but this is easiest and always comes out perfectly.

Respected Contributor

Pretty much like the o/p.

Olive oil, Mrs Dash lemon pepper or Old Bay. Bake in oven for 30 min at 375. Serve it with rice or baked potato, and a green veg...green beans, broccoli, peas, sauteed chard or spinach...whatever I have.

Easiest meal to make!

Eta: got a bunch of Copper River salmon when it came in.....sooo good!

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Regular Contributor

We do it on the grill. Olive Oil and some spices, put it on the grill skin side down. Grill till down, slide a spatula under the meat, leaving the skin on the grill. It's awesome.

Respected Contributor

1) Pan-roasted, fresh, wild salmon. YummySmiley Happy

2) Grilled is also a favoriteSmiley Happy

3) Bake in 450 degree oven

Served on a salad from farmer's market produce!

Super Contributor

I'm not a salmon fan, but do like a mustard sauce with some fish. If you're into a sweeter type of sauce, you can always add some honey to it.