Respected Contributor

Best Food Item QVC Sells Is?

For those who have ordered food from QVC, what item do you think is the best and have ordered more than once?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Best Food Item QVC Sells Is?

I had to stop and think!

When my mom was alive (she has been gone 12 years) we ordered a lot of food. She loved the original crab cakes....until they went downhill fast!

She also liked the croissants, but now I get all butter croissants from Trader Joes - $3.99 for 4 and just as good.

The only thing I have ordered in years is the snack mix (Squirrel Brand). It was OK - and much less money than thru their website.

I just started getting GRAZE boxes....LOVE the idea and have gotten some very tasty items.

I wish they were available in larger sizes!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't know what their food best seller is. One thing I've ordered quite a number of times is the KC ham. It saddens me, and I lose some respect for QVC, that they support such a horrific company as Smithfield.

I also used to get the crab cakes WAY back when they actually were good.

I like the croissants, but have pretty much a lifetime supply of those - both the regular (flat) ones and the raspberry and lemon ones (yum!). Good thing I could vacuum seal them so that they will continue to store well in the freezer.

They seem to run the KIND bars a lot so I guess a lot of people are willing to pay the massively inflated price for those. They (same exact thing, not something comparable) are available pretty much anywhere for so much less.

Super Contributor

I'm another one who regularly used to order the crab cakes way back when for my mother and me. I ordered a cheesecake once which was quite good. I used to order the KC steaks for my brother in law for Christmas and he said they were great - haven't tried them myself.

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Issiestorm said:

I'm another one who regularly used to order the crab cakes way back when for my mother and me. I ordered a cheesecake once which was quite good. I used to order the KC steaks for my brother in law for Christmas and he said they were great - haven't tried them myself.

I used to get the KC steaks and the burgers. They were really good.

Then I discovered a vendor at our farmers market with totally grass fed and aged beef from his local farm. I visited the ranch and I was sold...it's the only beef I buy now.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered Grandma's Coffee Cakes a couple times, and they are really good. Harry London chocolates (that I order for the holidays) are very good, and are individually wrapped.

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Lyn08 said:

I've ordered Grandma's Coffee Cakes a couple times, and they are really good. Harry London chocolates (that I order for the holidays) are very good, and are individually wrapped.

The Landies Candies (they were at the Q for Easter) are MUCH better than Harry London's. I hope they will be back for Christmas.

If you live near a Wegmans - they are sold under the Wegmans Swiss Chocolate label.

Super Contributor

terrier3...what are GRAZE boxes?

I've been wondering about Harry London chocolates. They look so good in the presentation. Are they worth the price?

Respected Contributor

Grandma's Coffee Cakes! I used to buy the crab cakes way back when too and they were good but they have changed so I no longer buy them. I would love to try the Croissants but way too many per order so I will pass for now on them. I don't need a freezer full of Croissants. Love Grandma's Coffee cakes and everyone that I serve it to also loves them.

Edited to add Juniors Cheesecakes........they are the best!

Honored Contributor

I used to buy the crab cakes tooo. In the past I've also ordered either seafood or clam chowder. I can't remember which. It was really good. I've also ordered juniors cheese cakes and did the bill to ship to. I didn't get to eat it, but the recipients said it was good.