Trusted Contributor

Help! What does a 15 year old eat?

I am hosting a 15 year old Spanish boy for the month of July. It's been a long time since I had a 15 year old around. What do kids like to eat these days? I figure mac and cheese,hot dogs,burgers,spaghetti are safe bets,but I have lots of meals to go. He has informed me " no vegetables"! Any suggestions appreciated.
Honored Contributor

Re: Help! What does a 15 year old eat?

Give him good balanced meals. If he is hungry he will eat.

Esteemed Contributor

My 14 year old stepson hates vegetables.

I make a chicken stir fry with plenty of colorful, fresh vegetables and call it "Chinese Food."

He can't get enough of it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

McDonalds

Honored Contributor

If he told you no vegetables, then ask him what he wants to eat. As expensive as food is I would not guess. He is the one to ask.
Trusted Contributor

McDonalds! His mother will have my head. I think stir fry is a great idea. I'll give that one a go. Any recipes or suggestions for ingredients?
Trusted Contributor

Instead of guessing, why don't you just ask him what he likes to eat?

Respected Contributor

BBQ sandwiches, Sloppy Joes, french fries, tater tots, home fries, baked beans, BBQ stuffed baked potato (a southern favorite topped with cheese), meatballs, pizza, old fashioned deli sandwiches, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, cheesy hash browns, eggs, omelets, pork roast, roast beef, meatloaf, steak, steak tacos, chicken tacos, anything grilled.....mainly meat and taters.....

Honored Contributor

Wow. When I was a kid you ate whatever was put in front of you but I guess it's not like that anymore. Too bad the kid won't eat veg. All the stuff mentioned sounded like the worst possible choices.

Is he FROM Spain? When I was in Spain they ate fairly healthy stuff and veg was a part of that.

Oh- I just saw that McDonald's is his choice. gack! I hope it's not all he will eat. Sounds like your work is cut out for you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My nephew is 15. He eats rotisserie chicken, tacos, hamburger, steak, French fries, chips, spaghetti with butter, KFC chicken strips, chicken nuggets, pizza, French bread w/butter, ice cream, cereal, pancakes, donuts, fruit salad. That's about it. From like 4 - 10, he ate chicken nuggets and fries for lunch and dinner everyday.

If you ask him what he wants to eat, he says I don't know. He will go without eating before eating something he doesn't want.