Regular Contributor
I think he's very personable on air. Close-ups of his hands are not as agreeable. Sorry if I've offended anyone. Just sayin' it might help sales. Anybody else notice?
Honored Contributor

Nope. And I've watched him a number of times.

Trusted Contributor
wow...too much Q. watchin'
Respected Contributor
I think Bobby Flay's nails are disgusting.
Honored Contributor

Uhhhh... it's just that the man deals in food.... just sayin'

Yes, saw it and noticed and no I definitely don't watch the Q all day long. Someone who sells food products with close ups of his hands has to keep them as clean as possible.

That said, the man may have done some staining of furniture on his time off, who knows?

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I didn't see but I can't get with dirty nails if that's what it was. Not with food handling. I don't generally pick people apart but that would bug me.

Regular Contributor
On 7/13/2014 daisyk said:

I didn't see but I can't get with dirty nails if that's what it was. Not with food handling. I don't generally pick people apart but that would bug me.

I wonder why the cooks and chefs don't wear gloves.

I help out at a soup kitchen, we have to wear aprons, gloves and hair nets.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I am not a basher, and do not join in posts focused on picking someone apart.

However, I do believe that any person who is demonstrating, and handling food in an on-air sales presentation, should pay close attention to their hands and nails. Regardless of who the person is, if their fingernails are dirty and the camera shows that while the person is pinching and pulling the food apart while the hosts, and others, are picking it up and tasting it, etc., that is just plain gross. Most of the female presenters have manicured nails that look nice during the food presentation, but I am surprised by the dirty nails on several of the male presenters. Since becoming a QVC shopper, I see how much attention is paid to the detailing in clothing, handbags, etc., so I am very surprised they are overlooking the dirty fingernails of presenters who are trying to sell food items. This issue is so easily solved by asking the presenter to wear plastic gloves. In my opinion, all food handlers should wear gloves---even on television.

New Contributor
Since no one is going to eat the food he uses for the demos I don't see what difference it makes.
Respected Contributor

I've never seen Chef Tony with dirty nails. It's usually the opposite; I've noticed that he has a manicure and his nails are polished with a clear polish.