Respected Contributor

July 13 Today is NATIONAL FRENCH FRY DAY What do you like on yours??

It is also Beans 'n' Frank Day. I call them beanie weenies!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I doctor up a can of pork and beans with some cooked onion, ketchup, brown sugar or molasses, and a dab of mustard. Slice up some beef hot dogs into it and warm it up. Quick and easy.

Back to French Fry Day. I like to bake my Fries at home. I cheat and use frozen ones. I crank up the oven to 450*-500* and put them on an old dark pizza pan to bake. They come out golden brown. I like to eat mine salted with ketchup to dip them in.

There was a cold oil method on ATK or CC. You just put the fresh cut fries in cold oil and cook them. I did this and liked this method. I did this in my Fry Daddy.

Sometimes I like to double fry my fries to keep them crispy.

My dad never let us get fries at a fast food place, he said I can go home and make all you want cheaper.

Well, post how you do your fries and what you like on them.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Have a good day!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: July 13 Today is NATIONAL FRENCH FRY DAY What do you like on yours??

Swimming in duck fat and topped with mozzarella cheese and gravy.

I had this at a restaurant last month. It carved out a new and separate spot in my heart for fries!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I'm easy, salt and ketchup. Also buffalo wing sauce and ranch or blue cheese.
Trusted Contributor

I make fries only every once in a while. I like them better from restaurants than I do when I make them from frozen. When I season them from home, I put salt, pepper, and ketchup on them.

However, some of the restaurants I go to have special dipping sauces for their fries. One of the ones I like best is this jalepeno (sp?) and red pepper dipping sauce. Soooo yummy!

If we're doing fries as an appetizer, we usually get the "loaded" ones -- cheese, sour cream, bacon, etc. This is something we only eat on occasion. Still, it's DELICIOUS!

Honored Contributor

only one answer = ketchup

Respected Contributor

Some places make a ""fry sauce"" just mayo and ketchup mixed together to dip French fries.

Honored Contributor

Ketchup will do it.

Super Contributor

gravy MmmmmmMMMMmmm

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Swimming in duck fat and topped with mozzarella cheese and gravy.

I had this at a restaurant last month. It carved out a new and separate spot in my heart for fries!

Sounds kind of similar to poutine. I have some Canadian friends that swear poutine is one of the world's best foods. A pile of crispy french fries topped with cheese curds and covered in brown gravy. Someday I'll have to try it, but only someplace that does it really well.

Until then I'll just stick with plain old ketchup on my fries and a sprinkle of salt except if I am having fish and chips, then I like malt vinegar on my fries.

Respected Contributor

Ketchup. One of my favorite restaurants makes fries with rosemary and sea salt. I really don't need anything on them then.

I like sweet potato fries, too.

I have a recipe for oven baked fries. Very easy and good.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero