Respected Contributor

If you eat fried chicken out, where do you go??

So where's your favorite place to go !!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: If you eat fried chicken out, where do you go??

When I lived in Colorado some of the best fried chicken was at a restaurant just outside Denver called the White Fence Farm. It's a whole complex like actually visiting a farm with a barn where they do dancing, a waterside walk with peacocks and kids can feed the fish, a petting zoo, gift shop, and children love the place. It's beautiful in the summer time, but especially lovely at Christmas time when they decorate all the trees in the old country Christmas style. The chicken is amazing although they serve other menu items and it's all served "family style". They serve it with a bunch of relishes and their coleslaw is to die for. They have these hot corn fritters that would be worth driving the 500 miles to have again. YUM!

I'm lucky to have another great chicken restaurant only 30 minutes from me. It's called The Brookville Hotel. It's been around forever and they truly do the best chicken for miles around. It's another place that serves it family style in a beautiful old hotel setting and they only do fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy and biscuits with the accompanying relishes. I haven't been there in several months but now I'm craving fried chicken.

I can cook fried chicken, but something makes it so much better when you go out to a place that does chicken really well. None of this KFC garbage.

Super Contributor

Popeyes!

Respected Contributor

A local chain called WifeSaver (not a very PC name nowadays, but it has been around for many years).

Trusted Contributor

I love KFC garbage but only eat it once a year if that.

Respected Contributor

Just as Jules said, White Fence Farm, just outside of Chicago, sounds exactly the same, wonder if it's the same owners? we go every Mother's Day, really really good!

Super Contributor

It's a drive from my house but Gus's Chicken in the Memphis area is like my grandmother use to make. They have several locations across the area. My favorite is located in a remodeled house from the early 1900's off the town square in Collierville. The selection of desserts are good too although usually we are too stuffed after eating the chicken.
Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 spix said:

Just as Jules said, White Fence Farm, just outside of Chicago, sounds exactly the same, wonder if it's the same owners? we go every Mother's Day, really really good!

Awww, White Fence Farm! We used to go to the one outside of Chicago, too, but we're all moved away now. I remember those bowls of kidney bean salad....so good!

For me, it's a place called The Blue Gate Restaurant, in the town of Shipshewana, Indiana. My husband and I go up there several times a year for concert events and we always eat at The Blue Gate beforehand. Shipshewana is an Amish area and The Blue Gate serves a family style dinner that will knock your socks off. The fried chicken is out of this world...I start getting excited about it on the drive up there. I don't know what their secret is, but it's absolutely delish!

Super Contributor

On 7/11/2014 spix said:

Hi spix, yes I looked it up and they show both sites, the Lakewood, CO one and the Illinois one, so I would assume same owners. It's such a great place, have lots of fond memories there. Boy do I miss that chicken! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

love that chicken from popeyes.....Wink

we have local places called ROYAL FARM STORES (sort of like 7-11s but better) and they make EXCELLENT fried chicken. sometimes there is a line and you have to wait for your chicken to come out.

at the beach in ocean city, md......dumsers dairyland!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein