Respected Contributor

A friend and I are going on a road trip....to Trader Joe's! It's almost 100 miles each way, but I want to go back and she's never been.

Last time I went I paid with cash and will again, but she wanted to know - do they take credit cards and/or checks? I don't remember.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Yes, they take all the major credit cards. Have fun.

You may be thinking of Costco -- Amex and cash only.

Super Contributor

FHG:

Yes, they all take checks, debit and ALL credit cards. If you bring your own reusable bag, your name gets entered into a drawing for a $25 TJs gift certificate. Have won several times over the years in CA & GA.

You can also save at TJs by using discounted TJs gift cards from one of the gift card resale sites.

If you're going to one of the TJs in the Atlanta area (we now have 6) they don't all carry the same items. I sometimes go to three in one day. For me, they're all a 'road trip'. Closest one is a 70 mile round trip. Have also gone to the one in Knoxville. It seems to be a much smaller store with less items. Nashville is bigger.

All of the Atlanta area ones now have wine and beer.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/9/2014 ennui1 said:

Yes, they take all the major credit cards. Have fun.

You may be thinking of Costco -- Amex and cash only.

Costco is not cash and Amex only. I pay with my debit card all the time, and I've seen people paying with checks.

Kiss

eta: I just checked their website to be sure I'm giving accurate info, and they do accept methods of payment other than cash and Amex.

Respected Contributor

Want to suggest bringing an insulated tote or cooler full of ice in case you buy frozen food.

Honored Contributor

is it really worth driving all that way

Honored Contributor

You are going to drive 200 miles to a Trader Joes????? Really? I have one about 2 miles away and never shop there. I've tried but nothing whatsoever in the store appeals to me. I just don't understand the hype.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I do most of my grocery shopping at my local TJ's. Luckily, it's only about a mile from where I live!!!! Love TJ's!!!!!

Trusted Contributor
Trader Joe's is one of my two main grocery stores. I always get the tomato basil marinara, spaghetti, multigrain triple berry instant oatmeal (add some frozen Wild Boreal Blueberries), frozen vegetable fried rice + Cooked Shrimp (tail off 50-70) + Thai Yellow Curry Sauce, Coconut Red Curry chicken in the refrig section over Rice Medley in the frozen section, all the nuts I buy, Balsamic Glaze, Fleur de Sel Caramels. My brother likes the frozen Shepherd's Pie. And many other items. And a lot less expensive than Whole Foods!
Super Contributor

I have about 6 within a 7 square mile radius..I never felt so lucky till I read this!