Frequent Contributor

Anyone getting/have the KitchenAid TSV 9 cup Food Processor?

Looking for advice; do you love it OR think you will love it as much as the KA mixer?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone getting/have the KitchenAid TSV 9 cup Food Processor?

I gave it a brief look but I already have a 9 cup, a Hamilton Beach, which I don't use because it's just too big to keep on my counter and too heavy awkward to bring up and down from the basement.

I wish they would make this in a 6 cup, then I might buy it.

Maria

Valued Contributor

I ordered it because I have a very cheap food processor from the '90s that does not work well. I love my KA mixer and hope this meets my expectations! We will see. I am a little concerned about the size but then sometimes I need that 9 cup capacity. I broke down and ordered the blade/disk storage unit too although I wish it came with the processor.

Valued Contributor

Visited a friend last year who had this food processor. I was honestly surprised by how poorly it worked. Seemed quite flimsy, too. Not built with the same quality as my ol' KA stand mixer, for sure. It also could't compare to my tried and true Cusinart food processor. (In the end, my friend told me she gave away the KA food processor and bought a Cusinart instead. Smart move.)

Respected Contributor

I have a cuisinart from the 90's that is still working like a champ. They are pretty but not needed in my household.

New Contributor

I bought it in January, to match my KA mixer, and thought I would use it more. It's very pretty, and works ok. But I find myself deciding to just use a knife for slicing, because it is a pain to clean, although I don't have a dishwasher. There are some jobs that are simplified, by using it. But many times it is more work to use. Love my KA mixer though. I do enjoy the tips and ideas from Laura Wethers....and makes me want to use the processor more. I wish mine would have had the dough blade! That I would use! All that said....I love QVC!
Super Contributor

Once you make buttermilk biscuits in a food processor, you will never go back!!! I don't have the KA, but my Cuisinart still works just fine!
Honored Contributor

I have an older version of the 11 cup (Model# KFP600) and I wish I had the 13 cup. I actually thought this was a 9 cup so I am surprised when I just looked it up that it's 11 cups.

I am single and cook for one and I cook off of recipes. I find that most recipes (even if you cut them down to half or less) still need a pretty big food processor to have enough room to work because you are putting stuff in there in it's whole or roughly chopped form to get it to chop down. You need a lot of room.

It's really not about the amount of people you are cooking for, it's really what you plan to make in it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

On 7/9/2014 stilltamn8r said: Once you make buttermilk biscuits in a food processor, you will never go back!!! I don't have the KA, but my Cuisinart still works just fine!

Uh oh! I think I may HAVE to purchase; I'm a biscuit baker and have been on a never ending search for the best biscuit recipe(s). Even watched to PBS Southern Biscuit documentary several times! I've been making biscuits and pie crust by hand for years. This may be the answer!

Honored Contributor

Since this one is made in China, I wonder if it's a 'made especially for QVC' model. That could be troubling as it seems that, more often than not, products made especially for a shopping network don't seem to have the same level of QC.

I also have a Cuisinart that works great. I think I've had it for around 15 years.