Frequent Contributor

I have been using Comet to clean my stainless steel sink. I now have a film from the Comet. I always rinse good but can't get it off. Anyone know what I can do or use to remove the film?

Honored Contributor

I found a terrific way to make my stainless steel sink just glisten purely by accident! Years ago I was soaking a piece of clothing in my sink with some added OxiClean.When I drained the water out you could see a line where the water was. Above the line was a dull sink and where the water was it just sparkled! I now always make up a mixture of Oxiclean & warm water in a small bucket and clean all of my SS sinks with it.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

What I use on my stainless sink from time to time is Flitz Polish. It removes that microscopic layer of oxidation and film. I got that idea from The Fly Lady, who says you should polish your sink as an encouragement to keeping the kitchen tidy.

It works on all kinds of metal, like brass. Handy stuff.

Frequent Contributor

Thank ya'll. I'm going to try both. Desperate.

Super Contributor

I have heard that a product called Bar Keeper's Friend is excellent for cleaning stainless steel sinks.

Regular Contributor
On 7/8/2014 paShar said:

I have heard that a product called Bar Keeper's Friend is excellent for cleaning stainless steel sinks.

It does an excellent job.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used vinegar with Bar Keeper's Friend with great results.

Respected Contributor
On 7/5/2014 ID2 said:

I found a terrific way to make my stainless steel sink just glisten purely by accident! Years ago I was soaking a piece of clothing in my sink with some added OxiClean.When I drained the water out you could see a line where the water was. Above the line was a dull sink and where the water was it just sparkled! I now always make up a mixture of Oxiclean & warm water in a small bucket and clean all of my SS sinks with it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I bought a big box of Oxi at Costco to use in the laundry. Now I'm going to try it in the SS sink. Whatever I use, even Bar Keeper's Friend doesn't clean it as I'd like. Maybe I'm not cleaning it as I should!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Soft Scrub - doesn't scratch the metal - and shines

Frequent Contributor

My husband and his father are plumbers. His mother always used Cameo on her stainless sink and cleaned and wiped it dry every day for years and years. Now the water just beads up and her sink is always shiny. I use it myself. Barkeepers Friend is also a good product.