Esteemed Contributor

Are there any wineaux here or am I the only one?

I'm drinking Little Penguin Chardonnay and bought a case of chardonnay from Trader Joe's this morning.

I take my wine seriously! I'm the Wine Coordinator for the local farmer's market. My wines are under $12, chards, vouvrays or shirazes, and they never come with a screw cap or in a box. (Although Black Box Cab was a very, very good red).

What about you?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

I love wine and Chardonnay is my favorite. I usually buy the cheap ones that I like, I don't care for the oaked ones. I do buy screw top but not in a box. I stick to under $10. I'm not fussy, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bonnie! Have you tasted Oak Grove Chardonnay? It's unoaked, under $10 and very delicious!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

No, I haven't. I'll have to look for that one.

Super Contributor
My favorite wine is from Navarro Vineyards which is near Mendocino Ca. It's a small winery and most of their wine is sold on site or through their wine club. I belong to their club and get shipments twice a year. Right now during warm weather we're enjoying a glass of chilled sparkling wine in the evening. That brand is Korbel.
Esteemed Contributor

I love TJ wines!

I buy the French reds: Revelation 2012 (cabernet-merlot), Sainte-Croix 2011 (syrah-merlot), and Pontificis (Grenache,Syrah,Mourvedre)

Super Contributor

I love any opportunity to post my favorite article about why we should drink cheap wine.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2011/11/why_you_should_be_drinking_cheap_wine.html

Respected Contributor
Went from the Chardonnays to Pinot Grigio now ( it's dryer and pairs well with most foods ). The labels we love: Ecco Domani, Cupcake and Spasso. All are reasonably priced PA state store brands and go on sale fairly regularly. With Cupcake, even the reds are very good. H T H
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

I like my wines. I like the Chardonnays and still looking for a good Red! Thanks for the tips. I do not like the oak whites either.

Respected Contributor
On 6/29/2014 ambermoon said: My favorite wine is from Navarro Vineyards which is near Mendocino Ca. It's a small winery and most of their wine is sold on site or through their wine club. I belong to their club and get shipments twice a year.

I'm a big fan of Navarro too. Right now enjoying their Rose but particularly like their Sauvignon Blancs and Pinot Noirs.