Honored Contributor

Paula Deen is launching a web network.

Just in time for me - we're discontinuing our cable service next week. I'm glad to see this.

USA Today article

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula Deen is launching a web network.

I bet we'll find some tasty recipes at her website. I wonder how much the subscription will cost.

Trusted Contributor

I wish her well, and I hope her fans will now be happy. I was never a fan of hers as many of her recipes seem to be noting more than rehashed from community cookbooks (much like Ree Drummond's).

Honored Contributor

She has big venture capitalist backers. A local guy is re-launching her products and concentrating on supermarket foods under her name.

Honored Contributor

I saw for the first time the other day around suppertime, a new (?) Food Network show called Farmhouse Rules. The lady reminded me of PD before she went all Hollywood.

Respected Contributor

Good for her! I'm glad her haters weren't successful in bringing her down. I believe she is truly sorry for what she did many years ago and I'm happy that she was able to recover.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

On 6/11/2014 faeriemoon said:

I saw for the first time the other day around suppertime, a new (?) Food Network show called Farmhouse Rules. The lady reminded me of PD before she went all Hollywood.

I saw that show too, and thought the same thing!

Well good for Paula, but I'm not interested in subscribing to something I can get on the Food Network already.

Super Contributor

On 6/11/2014 KYToby said:

I wish her well, and I hope her fans will now be happy. I was never a fan of hers as many of her recipes seem to be noting more than rehashed from community cookbooks (much like Ree Drummond's).

I know, huh? I thought I was the only one who thought this! I must own too many community cookbooks.........
Trusted Contributor

On 6/11/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Good for her! I'm glad her haters weren't successful in bringing her down. I believe she is truly sorry for what she did many years ago and I'm happy that she was able to recover.

Well said -- and I totally agree!!

Super Contributor

That is a very strong lady to still have the heart to do food related work. I'd have retired and just lived off of what I'd made previously. Who needs the judgement and heartache.