Super Contributor

Recommendations for a pressure cooker please

Does anyone have a recommendation for a great electric pressure cooker? I've been shopping around locally and online and have not found one that I want to buy yet. After going to a few different places, I finally went to Bed Bath and Beyond thinking they would have the biggest selection, and not only did they not have any electric pressure cookers, they only had 3 regular pressure cookers on the shelves! Plenty of rice cookers and slow cookers, but no electric pressure cookers.

I have an old stovetop pressure cooker that I really consider unsafe to use now. I used it a few days ago for green beans and it started sputtering and leaking water and steam..... I don't trust it anymore! Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a pressure cooker please

Nesco and Cuisinart make good ones-

I also have the Techniques brand 6.5 qt from QVC and have had n problems with it- had it for a few years at least...

Honored Contributor

Cuisinart CPC600. It had good reviews when I bought it. I also like that it has a 3 yr warranty. Mine quit working after I bought it & I sent it to Cuisinart & they sent me a new one.

Occasional Contributor

I've had my Wolfgang Puck from the other channel for about a year and have been very pleased with it. No matter which one you get, you will love cooking with one! I would say go with a larger size; you can always make less in it, but if you get a 4 qt you can't make a big batch of anything.

Respected Contributor

I have had the Emeril T-Fal 6 qt. electric PC for several years now and am very pleased with it. We probably use it at least once a week. I purchased it from the other channel, but it looks identical to the one now available on QVC.

Denise