Honored Contributor

I received my catalog a few days ago and am getting ready to place an order. Am going to get the Mural of Flavor, along with other things, what do all of you use it on, and what does it add to your dishes? TIA

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Re: Penzeys ""Mural of Flavor""

I have Mural of Flavor and I love to use it on beef (hamburgers or roasts) and chicken. I've even sprinkled it on potatoes. I tend to use it when I don't exactly know how I want to season something. Its a nice & different taste. It switches things up from the "same old, same old" and takes the place of salt for me.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Frequent Contributor

Mural of Flavor is great on eggs, scrambled or poached, veggies, especially green beans and asparagus, and on mashed potatoes. I don't eat meat, but one of my friends says it's great on pork.

Honored Contributor

I have used it on hamburgers, pork, roasts & chicken. DH uses quite a bit of it during the summer when he gets his green beans out of the garden. I don't use much salt when cooking so this works without it. I'm almost out & need to order some more.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies!

Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

I love Sunny Paris for a salt free spice. It's wonderful on everything. I also like Forward and Ruth's ????. The Ruth's has salt though, but it is good. I think there is another word that goes along with Ruth's, but can't remember. I'm at work and can't look.

I also buy huge quantities of dried chives from them.

I persoanlly didn't care for Mural of Flavor.

Frequent Contributor

Mural of Flavor is one of my favorite Penzeys salt free blends. I use it on all sorts of dishes. and in sauces. Two others that are great are Ozark seasoning, especially on fish; and Sandwich Sprinkle which is essential on eggs!

They used to sell a bay leaf seasoning which was one of their best blends, but they discontinued it a few years back. Maybe if enough ask for its return, they'll bring it back. I've tried to duplicate it and I've gotten pretty close but still not perfect.

Could not go on without their Tellicherry black peppercorns or their Extra bold Indian black peppercorns. Shallot salt is another I couldn't do without for everything from popcorn to Steam roasted chicken and roasts.

The list goes on forever...

Enjoy!

camo

Trusted Contributor

I use all kinds of Penzeys seasonings but their Mural of Flavor is my go-to whenever I cook fish.

Frequent Contributor

I sprinkle it on cottage cheese for a quick between meals snack.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your response. I added it to my order. Can't wait to try it for myself.