Respected Contributor

April 22 Today is Earth Day If you planted a garden, what did you plant??

My hubby planted tomatoes, green bell peppers, squash, sweet banana peppers and watermelons.

Can't wait for a good home grown tomato to make a tomato sandwich with. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

and fried squash with onions!!

Super Contributor

Re: April 22 Today is Earth Day If you planted a garden, what did you plant??

I wish I had a garden! In my previous houses I did. My favorites to plant were zucchini, tomatoes, green beans, eggplant and lettuces. I never had a lot of room, so I had to be creative. We've been waiting for a community garden spot for several years. I'll be so happy if one ever comes available.

Regular Contributor

Still a little too early to plant in this neck of the woods (still getting 30 degree nights), but in May we'll probably put in tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.

Honored Contributor

We already planted rainbow chard and onions. We will be planting more too.

HAPPY EARTH DAY everyone! For the abuse we've given so far to our living planet, I'm amazed it's still here for us. When will we get this global warming thing that we're in such denial over (or most of us are anyway)? We are such an abusive upright species with brains. I'm convinced we WILL never get it.

Esteemed Contributor

We planted onions, lettuce, red potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash, okra, bell peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. We have a little more room, will probably plant something else.

Honored Contributor

I'd love to, but I can't get through the snow. Around here we don't plant much before Memorial Day.

Super Contributor

We prepared the soil, back breaking work it is! I have lots of San Marzano tomato plants in the wings, and Thai hot pepper plants. I didn't get to start tomatoes from seed this year but am keeping an eye out for Amish paste. I can 100's of pints every year, and dry the peppers. Will plant pickling cukes and lots of leafy greens.

It's such a relief when the garden is "ready to go!"

I did plant some herb pots, mostly Thai basil, oregano, thyme, the usual stuff. - Bird

Honored Contributor

I'n in a second story apartment, but I'm making a bee garden on my patio to give honeybees a place to find food and help stop colony collapse.

Honored Contributor

It is still cold here in the evenings. My daffodils are blooming and am waiting for my tulips buds to open. My azalea bush suffered over this long harsh winter. Some of the leaves are brown and the small tight buds that formed in Oct/Nov didn't grow larger and bloomed this year. I'm hoping for new shoots and I've had the little guy over 20 years. I will be planting basil and string beans when it gets warmer. Happy Earth day.
Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I'n in a second story apartment, but I'm making a bee garden on my patio to give honeybees a place to find food and help stop colony collapse.

That is awesome. Have you worked with bees before?