Respected Contributor

ISO: Corning Glass Shake and Bake Recipe, Maybe someone out there has it??

A friend on another site is looking for this recipe:

"I am looking for a recipe that was inserted (via pamphlet) into various pieces of
Corning Glass Bakeware. The recipe I believe was called Corning Glass "Shake and Bake"-
ingredients are corn flake crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, paprika and a couple of other
spices I do not recall. I used to use this recipe when I made oven-fried chicken while
working in a school cafeteria and the chicken was excellent & a best seller. I lost the
recipe several years ago when my home was robbed (I wrote recipe in an America Cooks
vintage cookbook which was stolen-can you imagine?!). Last November, I found a very
elderly gent (via internet) who had retired from Corning Glass (company no longer exists),
and he recalled the recipe and it's popularity. He thought he may have had a copy of it
in some of his paperwork (his name was o'donnell), but he was unable to find it. I have
looked through many recipe sites and done many searches trying to find this recipe, to no avail.
If it's possible, I really would like to have this recipe again, if you can find it.
Thank you for your time and effort."

Contributor

Re: ISO: Corning Glass Shake and Bake Recipe, Maybe someone out there has it??

NM

Honored Contributor

Contributor

NM again.

Super Contributor

I might actually have the pamphlet with the recipe. My grandma, had a lot of recipe pamphlets and such. I am in the middle of a big organization project, going through boxes and I have not gotten to the grandma box yet, but I will keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, I would try emailing Corningware, the company is still in business, so it couldn't hurt to ask, even though it is an old recipe, they may have a copy. I was able to get an old long lost recipe from a company a few years ago. Good luck.

tkins

Respected Contributor

Thanks to y'all, please keep a look out for the pamphlet for my friend. She will be glad to get the recipe!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Shake and Bake Mix Recipe
An easy mix recipe using spices found in your cupboard!

5 min | 5 min prep

SERVES 4

1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon crushed parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Mix well.
Store in airtight container.
Use to coat chicken and pork before baking.

Regular Contributor

Funny how I ran into this post today as I just made my own version of this night before last! I had bought some chicken drumsticks at the store and needed to use them before the date passed on them. I had originally planned on frying them but didn't feel like it.

I happened to have cornflake crumbs in my pantry (normally I would use panko for crunch) but I thought I would use the cornflakes. I didn't measure anything but I used garlic salt, onion powder, celery salt, cayenne, garlic powder, Accent, black pepper and paprika. I mixed it with a fork and tasted a pinch of it. I added more seasoning as needed.

I coated the chicken, actually I did marinate in some roasted red pepper Italian dressing, after drying off the marinade and lightly coating in some mayo so the mixture would really stick well.

I baked it at 375 for maybe an hour, turning after half the time. I cooked it on a baking sheet with a wire rack.

It was so crunchy and flavorful!! And much better than buying a premade mix; nothing "weird" in the one you make yourself!