Honored Contributor

Going to make potato salad tomorrow.

Guess I'll do the potatoes and do the eggs today. I'll put it all together tomorrow. Anyone else doing that tomorrow too?

Honored Contributor

Re: Going to make potato salad tomorrow.

No, sorry. Seems a little early for potato salad. Maybe for Memorial Day weekend.

Honored Contributor

No, I like to make my potato salad 1-2 days prior, so it is chilled and flavorful when served. I kept our Easter dinner very simple, and the side dishes have already been prepared; all I have to do tomorrow is warm the ham and bake the rolls.

Respected Contributor

Gee, I've had potato salad all year round since I was a child, and it never seemed to me that it was in any way a "seasonal" item. YES, I am doing the same thing that qualitlygal is doing. Cooking potatoes and eggs today and putting it together tomorrow.

Ham and potato salad is wonderful 365 days a year. Especially at Easter. Never heard of saving it for Memorial Day. Watermelon maybe, but not potato salad. (We do not eat lamb at our house.)

Super Contributor

I always start ahead of time. I boil the eggs and the potatoes at the same time. I cut the potatoes and mix them with chopped scallions and salad dressing. It works best if they stay overnight, then I mix in the mayo and the eggs the next day.

I don't know if it's because we have a warm climate, but I make it all year long. It's a favorite around here.

Super Contributor

I will make it today, always tastes better the next day, and one more thing I do not have to worry about tomorrow. I never thought of it as a seasonal item, I live in the midwest and we have it year around.

Honored Contributor

Ham, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, peas, corn bread, and strawberry cream cake. I make various kinds of potato salads all year long, maybe once a month.

Honored Contributor

It's a family tradition to have ham and homemade potato salad for Easter. My grandmother used to make the best potato salad. I live too far away now to pop over for Easter, but they will be enjoying it.

Super Contributor

Oh yum! Potato salad is great with ham. I don't usually have it at Easter because we all love deviled eggs, and having both deviled eggs and potato salad is a bit too much.

Honored Contributor

We celebrated Easter last weekend with DH's side of the family and a niece brought a very good homemade potato salad.