Super Contributor

Farmhouse Rules - She's not growing on me.

I don't know what it is.. something about her voice or the way she drinks out of the bottle, then pours it into the pot. I don't care for her recipes, either.

I'm not feelin' it with this show.

Now, the other one with Amy Thielen… I enjoy that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Farmhouse Rules - She's not growing on me.

Eww, I don't have cable but if she's drinking out of the bottle before she pours into the recipe maybe they should call it '5 second rule'.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Bird mama said:

Eww, I don't have cable but if she's drinking out of the bottle before she pours into the recipe maybe they should call it '5 second rule'.

Some people had problems with her using her hands to mix everything. I have to admit that I do that with some things, but she drank out of the wine bottle then poured it into the pan. If you do that at home.. you don't need to do it on t.v.

I don't know. I shouldn't be judgmental. She may be a great cook, but nothing about the show has made me want to see the next episodes.

Respected Contributor

I have seen her show a few times, and there's just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. I have seen her drink out of a bottle though. She just seems a little rough around the edges for some reason.

Honored Contributor

Watched the show one time, not a fan.

Regular Contributor

The first time I watched the show I felt like the network was trying to copy the paula deen image. Her looks kind of resemble paula deen. But then I started watching and I was turned off also.
Regular Contributor

ita, I watched this morning, now I know why I don't care for her, she is way to animated and over the top explaining what she is doing, just be natural - thats why I love watching Trisha Yearwood she is so natural.

Super Contributor

On 4/19/2014 mydora said:

ita, I watched this morning, now I know why I don't care for her, she is way to animated and over the top explaining what she is doing, just be natural - thats why I love watching Trisha Yearwood she is so natural.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Maybe the show will improve as she gets more comfortable in front of the camera.

Valued Contributor

Today was the first time I'd seen this show. I wasn't impressed. I think she's too impressed with herself. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Besides drinking out of the bottle then pouring it in the pan she also triple dipped with her spoon in the mac and cheese she was making.

Bring back Paula Deen!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the new season yet. I was hoping they made some tweaks to it. I know that Heartland Table was tweaked a bit to make it more approachable for people. The first season was so far out in left field that I think it was hard to relate to her recipes. I'm enjoying season 2 much more.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN