Respected Contributor

Are all Coffee makers the same? I need one ...

Should I get a cheapie? Does it make a difference? Do you have a favorite?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are all Coffee makers the same? I need one ...

Before Keurig, I usually bought not just the very cheapest, but maybe one step up from that, and I usually bought a Mr Coffee.

It's just me now so I like my Keurig. I resisted them until about 3 months ago. Now I wonder why I waited so long.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

Was given a Keurig for Christmas and love it. Prior to that I had a Mr. Coffee that was around $20 and it was in its 2nd year of use.

Trusted Contributor

I use a stove top percolator and it makes the best coffee, I use dark roast coffee from Aldi's and it's my favorite. I add ovaltine to it for added flavor. I bought my percolator from Gander mountain.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had several Mr Coffee's. They do the job but I tend to spend more to get the larger capacity carafe and a timer to set coffee up for morning.

I've had a KA now for about 3 yrs. First KA died within the warranty and KA shipped a replacement overnite to me. Has 14 cup capacity and it's decent.

For hot, hot coffee the standard seems to be a Bunn but I've never owned one.

Keurig is a cutsey idea but I drink too much coffee for the $ to be practical.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like Keurig. My favorite is Cuisinart. The feature I love most is the thermos so your coffee isn't constantly heating and over-heating. I purchase mine at Macy's. If you go on Macy's web site, the DCC-1150 model looks most like mine. I purchased the one I have a few years ago; they last forever.

Valued Contributor

Yes, there's a difference, in my opinion. Cuisinart and Krups make really great mid-cost coffee makers and are always rated tops by the consumer review magazines. I've had my Cuisinart for about 6 years now. Still love it. I had Krups for years before Cuisinart starting making coffee makers. Wouldn't ever buy a Keurig because of the massive environmental waste, not to mention the fact that I've tasted that "pod coffee." My taste buds hate the lukewarm, filtered taste of it. I prefer real brewed coffee, heated to the perfect temperature.

Honored Contributor

We received a Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker for Christmas, and love it.

Honored Contributor

Farberware electric percolator, it's quick and makes the hottest, best tasting coffee.

Super Contributor

I vote with Mr Coffee we have the BVMC-SJX33GT that we got at Walmart, was not too expensive and has a thermal carafe option. We thought about a Keurig, but we drink more than one cup of coffee so it would not be cost effective. Don't forget an extra carafe if you go with that type of coffeemaker. Good Luck

tkins