Frequent Contributor

Just received my Masterbuilt and...

OK, so I just received my Masterbuilt smoker. On unpacking it, I see a ding/dent in the door, scratches on the side and..RUST on the inside bottom...RUST. Did any other buyers of these units have rust. This is going to be a real job packing it up again.

What is the rust from?

Super Contributor

Re: Just received my Masterbuilt and...

Suggestion: go read the reviews on Amazon for the Masterbuilt and get an idea of what some others have received...and endured...

Trusted Contributor

I have one, and just love it to death......and I live alone......and I would notify the Masterbuilt company, and the Q.....as you should not have this, as I have no rust, even after several years of service......Something is just not right, and hence why Masterbuilt and the Q need to know this........I know the McMclemore's and the Bickerstaff's, who own Char-Broil, big producers of grilling/smoking items....... both from Columbus, GA, and they would never accept this as passable for an item.......You should not be required to repack and ship at your expense......You should at least be able to take to UPS and have them repack, and them pay for shipping (meaning the Q or Masterbuilt).......I truly do not feel this was a bad product or purchase, and have truly enjoyed mine......Cool I do hope you get the problem resolved to your expectations.......Smile

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you received a return. Return it as damaged & have Q refund your shipping costs. Wal-mart has one for $177 that has a digital timer on top & also has the air vent plus you can add chips by pulling out the chip tray from the side without opening the door. If you bought the model with legs it does not have the digital timer, an air vent on top & you have to open the door to add chips. You would be happier with this model. DH put wheels on ours which makes it easier to move around.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all. I am totally bummed. I purchased this for a fathers day present next month and the easy pay was my downfall! I did get the one that was just on recently with the legs. This is a really large and heavy package. I guess I will call Q or Masterbuilt today

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Scamper said:

Thank you all. I am totally bummed. I purchased this for a fathers day present next month and the easy pay was my downfall! I did get the one that was just on recently with the legs. This is a really large and heavy package. I guess I will call Q or Masterbuilt today

Just call Q and request a pick up, then you won't have to go out of your way to send it back. I've done that a couple times. You can request an exchange and hopefully the next one will be fine.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*