Honored Contributor

Ham with Bourbon, Apricot, and Lemon Glaze! Sounds like 'a good thing!'

I got an e-mail about this recipe today and it sounds WONDERFUL! If you don't like bourbon, maybe substitute some fruit juice?

Bourbon, apricot jam and lemon juice! Sounds so good to me! Maybe add an apricot tort or galette for dessert with some vanilla ice cream! Or lemon sorbet?

If the link doesn't work, it is on Martha Stewart's website.

http://www.marthastewart.com/897920/apricot-bourbon-glazed-ham?xsc=eml_edfsc_2014_04_17_template

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ham with Bourbon, Apricot, and Lemon Glaze! Sounds like 'a good thing!'

That looks yummy!

Thank you, I am going to use this

Ingredients

• 1 bone-in fully cooked half ham (about 10 pounds), rind removed
  • 1 1/2 cups apricot jam
  • 1 1/2 cups bourbon
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions

1. Step 1

Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack in lower third. Wrap ham in a large piece of parchment-lined foil and place, cut side down, on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; bake 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring jam and bourbon to a rapid simmer over medium-high. Cook until reduced by half, about 40 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup glaze for serving.

2. Step 2

Remove ham from oven and increase temperature to 425 degrees. Unwrap ham, carefully flattening parchment-lined foil against baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score fat with long cuts, 1/2 inch apart. Bake 15 minutes.

3. Step 3

Remove ham from oven and brush all over with some glaze. Bake until ham is deep golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 145 degrees, 45 to 60 minutes, brushing ham with glaze every 15 minutes (wrap tip of bone in foil if it begins to overbrown). Transfer ham to a carving board, tent with foil, and let rest 30 minutes before carving. Serve warm or at room temperature with reserved glaze.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ham with Bourbon, Apricot, and Lemon Glaze! Sounds like 'a good thing!'

Thanks for posting the recipe. I would not have thought about lemon, but I think that will make a real difference in the taste!