Respected Contributor

April 16 Today is National Eggs Benedict Day or Day of the Mushroom Which one do you like to eat??

Also today is my brother's birthday. Happy 49th Birthday!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: April 16 Today is National Eggs Benedict Day or Day of the Mushroom Which one do you like to eat??

I like either one. Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I use to go to Summer Conference and a friend of mine would order Eggs Benedict every morning. She doesn't make it at home, but loves to order it when she goes out. Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: April 16 Today is National Eggs Benedict Day or Day of the Mushroom Which one do you like to eat??

My answer is... both. I very rarely eat eggs benedict but love it. Mushrooms are a constant in this house. I like them raw on salads and I use them in many dishes that I make. I am such a mushroom lover that I will order my pizzas with mushrooms being the only topping.(well along with cheese, that is) LOL

Happy Birthday to your brother. Smile

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 fleetwood said:

My answer is... both. I very rarely eat eggs benedict but love it. Mushrooms are a constant in this house. I like them raw on salads and I use them in many dishes that I make. I am such a mushroom lover that I will order my pizzas with mushrooms being the only topping.(well along with cheese, that is) LOL

Mushroom pizza is my favorite {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Regular Contributor

On 4/16/2014 bichon_emma said:

Okay new best friend, wanna split a pizza together? LOL

Respected Contributor

I've never had eggs benedict but I'd probably like it as the ingredients sound good. I love mushrooms and put them in lots of dishes. I don't care for them raw, though.

Esteemed Contributor

Call me weird maybe -- I guess I'm probably one of the few people in the world who does not like mushrooms! I can handle them in mushroom gravy or on pizza, as long as the pieces aren't too large. Never got around to trying Eggs Benedict - maybe I should?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

I like both but never make eggs Benedict myself. Used to hate mushrooms until about 40 years ago when I was dieting and learned they had only 20 calories per cup - became a mushroom lover. DH really loves them so I do use a lot of mushrooms.

Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 bichon_emma said:

Love the wild mushroom pizza with truffle oil at California Pizza Kitchen.

Eggs Benedict long time favorite but don't indulge very often! Don't make at home anymore because it is hard for me to enjoy when I know how much melted butter I poured into that Hollandaise sauce!

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who wouldn't eat mushrooms for anything in the world, even a million dollars.