Respected Contributor

Breaded Chicken - Need Advice

How can I keep chicken breasts breaded while baking in the oven?

Once I baked them on foil w/o an oil coating on the foil. Stuck to the foil.

I oiled the foil today and the breading stuck to the oil.

What am I doing wrong?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Regular Contributor

Re: Breaded Chicken - Need Advice

What I do is to make sure there's a good coating of oil on the pan. I either use a stone pan similar to the Pampered Chef type or a non stick jelly roll type with short sides (to keep the oil from spreading). After putting the chicken on the pan I drizzle some more oil on the top of the chicken. After about 20 minutes I turn the chicken over for another 5. Most of the chicken comes off the pan but some of it sometimes sticks. There is also a type of foil that you can use where the food doesn't stick...it's by reynolds. HTH

Contributor

It depends on what you call breading and where the food touches the pan. I use crumbled up foil in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Crumble up the foil then straighten it out just enough to cover the bottom of the dish. The crumbled up points hold the chicken up off of the surface just enough that it does not stick. I have used this with everything except the egg batter ""dipped"" type breading that requires two or three steps to coat the chicken. We just do not like that kind so do not know it it would work or not. Family favorite is 1/2 flour or bread crumbs with other half potato flakes + seasonings.

Honored Contributor

You could do it without foil at all. Or, get some of that Reynolds brand nonstick aluminum foil. I always keep some of that on hand.

Respected Contributor

On 4/15/2014 chickenbutt said:

You could do it without foil at all. Or, get some of that Reynolds brand nonstick aluminum foil. I always keep some of that on hand.

ITA!

Large Recipe Image 1

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

I use a large cookie sheet pan with a baking rack on top. I spray the baking rack with "Pam", then put the chicken on it. The breading stays on and cooks under and over. If it starts to get too brown, I cover the chicken with foil.

Honored Contributor

I use a cookie sheet pan that has small sides and turn the chicken half-way done.

Honored Contributor

On 4/15/2014 MarLoCat said:
On 4/15/2014 chickenbutt said:

ITA!

Large Recipe Image 1

Oh yeah! Smiley Happy Great stuff, isn't it? I always keep at least one box of this on hand, as well as one or two boxes of the heavy-duty aluminum foil (also Reynolds, because theirs is better than others). They also make fine quality parchment.

Regular Contributor

I use Reynolds non-stick lined in any kind of pan. I drain the chicken (breast, legs, wings etc) and mix (do not coat with any type of egg) with Shake & bake (Extra Crispy) and mix a small amount of bread crumbs on a plate together and coat meat - shaking is not necessary, just coat lightly. Lastly shake a generous amount of Grillmasters smokehouse maple(do not add salt) No need to turn over. Bake 50 minutes uncovered and you will have the most crispy moist chicken you have ever tasted . Let me know the results. Note, cooking breast only regardless bone or out. Bake at 45 minutes. ENJOY!
Regular Contributor

On 4/15/2014 Tweena63 said: I use Reynolds non-stick lined in any kind of pan. I drain the chicken (breast, legs, wings etc) and mix (do not coat with any type of egg) with Shake & bake (Extra Crispy) and mix a small amount of bread crumbs on a plate together and coat meat - shaking is not necessary, just coat lightly. Lastly shake a generous amount of Grillmasters smokehouse maple(do not add salt) No need to turn over. Bake 50 minutes uncovered and you will have the most crispy moist chicken you have ever tasted . Let me know the results. Note, cooking breast only regardless bone or out. Bake at 45 minutes. ENJOY!
One thing I forgot to mention - do not add oil to the pan. The fat from chicken will produc oil in the pan which you may drain after it's cooking is complete.