Valued Contributor

Is this the right forum to discuss the Nuwave oven?

Seems like I saw some discussion the other day about the cooking club but can't find anything now.

I bought the oven and it's been on my counter for a weeks now and still haven't tried it. Want to do pork chops today and veggies but not sure If I have it figured out yet. I know I'm making this way to difficult. Thought I would join the cooking club but haven't found a way to do that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this the right forum to discuss the Nuwave oven?

What cooking club? You mean the Recipe Swap? Its over to the left under kitchen & food.

Valued Contributor

I meant the cooking club that Nuwave has. I finally found it and signed up. I needed some recipes using the Nuwave oven.

Esteemed Contributor

Nadine, I use my favorite recipes and just find a similar food in the recipe book that comes with the oven to get timing suggestion. Try roasting veggies. Pork chops are wonderful. I have not done a large item like a roast or whole chicken. I just cook for 2 so I want quick.

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

This is going to be trial and error for sure. I did pork chops today with the flour coating that I got off the Nuwave recipe site. The chops were really thick and when I turned them over they stuck and I flipped one right onto the floor, lol.

They were tough so I think I overcooked them. I"ll keep working with it, seems like it's a really handy appliance but I don't need something else on the shelf that I never use.

Regular Contributor

Nadine: did you spray Pam on the rack before doing the chops? You are not alone with this new trial and error stuff. There's a lot of newbies out here!!

I lined the bottom pan with tin foil to help cut down on the clean-up, and I really like that. And I spray Pam the rack for everything I cook......everything. So far, so good. I really like doing French fries on the rack. I rarely eat them because DH wanted them deep fried in our fryer. But doing them in the NuWave is wonderful. And he likes and approves of them too. Hooray!! You must try them. Cut, rinse, dry, put in a bowl with a bit of olive oil, mix the oil in good with the hands, put on the Pam sprayed rack and cook. One good thing I learned from the book and experience is that when the cooking time is done and it stops, lift the cover off immediately for things like fries or things you want a little crispy, etc., because leaving the cover on keeps the heat in and they get soggy. I still haven't tried pork chops yet, but everyone says they are wonderful.

Valued Contributor

No I totally forgot to spray the rack and the foil on the bottom is a really good suggestion.

I"ll try the fries, that sounds really good.

We do Paleo most of the time so I figured this oven would be good for that,

Contributor

Love Love Love my Nuwave for roasting veggies and many other things. I did a turkey and it came out great. The only thing I have a problem with is cooking a casserole, the top is cooked before the rest of the ingredients. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Valued Contributor

Does anyone cook veggies at the same time as meat? That would be very timesaving,

I do like the easy cleanup. I"ve cooked chicken breasts and pork chops. Everyone thought the chicken was great, I would like more browning, not used to the look of the meat when it's done.