Trusted Contributor

I am soooooooo beyond those step programs....

I just made a school trip to Washington DC and New York, and all I brought back was MORE cookbooks..........{#emotions_dlg.scared} As if I do not have more than 10 lifetimes of cookbooks and recipes, I went and bought more.....I have always been good on these trips, and buy nothing.......BUT NO..........Mt Vernon, bought a cookbook, Smithsonian, bought a cookbook, Bubba Gumps restaurant, in Times Square, bought a cookbook........{#emotions_dlg.crying} I am already behind on reading the new cookbooks I have, no trip needed, and now I just added more...........{#emotions_dlg.blink} Someone needs to fry me in a good 'ole cast iron pan.........{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

By the way......I had never heard of Bubba Gumps, but I do have to say.....I wish I had their tarter sauce recipe......Anyone else ever been there and have a clue as to how it is made.....(need a new recipe)...........Wink

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

Re: I am soooooooo beyond those step programs....

I hear ya! There is no cure for this disease… though I've been ""immunized"" by living in a house that's too small for sizable collections of any kind. If I bring a new one in and have to get rid of one that I already have… so sad.

Respected Contributor

Tell me about it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I figure I have around 1,000 of them - and that's not counting the ones on Kindle. Every so often I do a purge of the ones I'm no longer interested in or don't know why I bought and send them to a friend whose wife enjoys them, but then I go to Ollie's and find a bunch more that I love. (Nine on the last trip alone...but two of them were for a gift.) Then there's Amazon's "You might like" suggestions.... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I've finally reached a point where I limit myself mostly to books about "portable" food (cookies, cupcakes, etc.) that I can give away, since I don't often have someone to cook for, otherwise I'd probably have twice as many as I do.

All I can say is, thank the Lord for eternal life! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I recently took several boxes of cook books to Goodwill. That being said I still have two book cases full. It is ridiculous! I have started checking cook books out of the library and reading them. There is usually only 2 to 3 recipes I am really interested in so I just make a copy and return book. Saving me a boat load of money!!

Esteemed Contributor

Psssssst.....Wolfie, I found this post on a Michigan Fisherman's blog from 2004 for the tartar sauce.

He said IT'S IN THE DANG COOKBOOK! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
¼ cup chopped dill pickle
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons capers
2 teaspoons grated onion
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients; cover and chill. Yield: 1 ¼ cups.

I got this recipe from the book “The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook.”

Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Snowpuppy said:

Psssssst.....Wolfie, I found this post on a Michigan Fisherman's blog from 2004 for the tartar sauce.

He said IT'S IN THE DANG COOKBOOK! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
¼ cup chopped dill pickle
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons capers
2 teaspoons grated onion
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients; cover and chill. Yield: 1 ¼ cups.

I got this recipe from the book “The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook.”

Well DUH.............{#emotions_dlg.huh} I bought the cookbook, but have not even looked at the recipes yet............Guess I should read and look at what I bought..........Thanks for the info.....it really was good, and I can imagine everything, but it did not look like any mustard in it......but it really was good.............{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Let us know how it turns out!!

Valued Contributor

Forrestwolf- if it's any comfort, I, too, am a cookbook addict. Read them like novels, compare recipes, use them for reference, drool over the pictures, and yes, cook from them! It's a problem. I bought two in the past 2 weeks.:-0
Super Contributor

Some people buy souvenir mugs. You buy souvenir cookbooks. Sounds good to me!

Honored Contributor

Hi My name is Forrestwolf and I'm a cookbook addict. (Repeat till you're hoarse!) Honestly, Forrest, we need to get a grip here! {#emotions_dlg.lol}