Respected Contributor

Over the past few months, I discovered Jamie Geller's web-site: I am so excited by the "easy to do, but different recipes-not heavy calorie wise- I can't stand it! Oh, and on a "diet adventure" on my own with the Paleo diet, I discovered you can make some fantastic "pizza" using califlower-I always appreciated Pesach because of what it represents, but the food was.....well, so heavy-but there is a new generation of healthy minded kosher cooks out there and I am so greatful.....

So. what is new in your Pesach kitchen this year?

Poodlepet

Super Contributor

Translation: Passover.

(for those who don't know)

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies!! I post almost exclusively in the Fiesta thread. Was going to make a post about Passover and saw this. There used to be a lot more Jewish ladies in here. Do you remember the person who posted a Good Shabbos thread every Friday??

I have no new recipes. My mom is in a Jewish nursing home, so no fancy cooking either. The whole family will join her out there, at least for seders.

Happy Pesach!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

Sunny still posts her weekly Good Shabbos in VP !

Ladies, may you enjoy a Blessed Passover.

Shalom

Honored Contributor

I haven't any new ones,

how does an Apple Nut Matzo Kugel sound......

Respected Contributor

Jackthebear, I saw a recipe for apple nut matzo kugel that looked divine....I was going to make it, but hubby came home from the grocery store bearing a huge Yehuda apple crumb cake! In previous years, it's been difficult to find kosher for Passover cake mixes, and now this year, not only do we have those, we have a couple of Osem marble cakes. There will be no shortage of desserts around here!

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

You can also make Lasagna using matzo, each piece fits perfectly into an 8x8 casserole. Just layer it up the way you usually do, it is really good. Add what ever you want, we did spinach, when my daughter was Kosher/veg (she has since eased up on that)

Honored Contributor
On 4/13/2014 Poodlepet said:

Jackthebear, I saw a recipe for apple nut matzo kugel that looked divine....I was going to make it, but hubby came home from the grocery store bearing a huge Yehuda apple crumb cake! In previous years, it's been difficult to find kosher for Passover cake mixes, and now this year, not only do we have those, we have a couple of Osem marble cakes. There will be no shortage of desserts around here!

Poodlepet

It is really good,

Here in NJ there is a huge selection of all K for P items

Respected Contributor

Hi Jackthebear! I miss living in NJ-and hubby is from Rockland County New York: I really miss spending Passover there! There were a couple of K for P bakeries there that turned out the most marvelous pastry that would leave you asking "Is this really made from matzoh meal?" I have tried and tried, but I've never mastered the making of tender, moist Passover cakes and year after year, I run across the same old recipes for sponge cake-but none of it is really good when I've made it from scratch. I love the Manischewitz cake mixes because at least I'm not using a dozen eggs on one little cake!

On the lasagna front, I've made it with matzoh-and to lighten it up, I keep the matzoh down to one layer and alternate zucchini and eggplant slices-it's not bad.

If you get a chance, check out Jamie Geller: this is not the heavy Passover fair we tend to have. She has alot of great lighter recipes!

Poodlepet

Trusted Contributor

Have you seen the Shiksa blog, my dd loves it.