Super Contributor

My teen daughter would tease me when I bought a new kitchen gadget or appliance and ask if I thought it might end up in what she called my "appliance graveyard", things that were never actually used more than once or twice. The first thing that comes to mind is an electrical sandwich maker, that little thing that you could supposedly use to make grilled sandwiched, nicely marked to present a pretty finished product, whether it was sandwiches or muffin mix, etc.

So, what has gone into your 'appliance graveyard'?

Honored Contributor

I had that little sandwich maker too. To the graveyard with: Pasta maker, larger Foreman grill, and more that I can't recall right now. Bread machine is getting close to going, because I can't eat that much bread any more. Also (from QVC) the smaller Ninja in hot pink color and the larger Ninja in white (these are the blender type Ninjas). Also a juicer from QVC--donated long ago.

Super Contributor

Hi BeeBee. I have a Wolfgang Puck panini press rusting in my basement...

Trusted Contributor

I have an older version of that sandwich maker that I do drag out very occasionally. It makes the best tuna melts but it's a pain to clean. In the graveyard would be my medium sized food processor. I'm too lazy to break it out so I use this little chopper thing I have instead. The bread maker was in the graveyard too but recently my family has been asking me to make some bread with it. I don't go too crazy buying extra appliances even though I am super tempted because I know I am super lazy and probably won't break them out if it seems like work or assembly is involved.

Honored Contributor

My tomb-stoneware.

Regular Contributor

Electric knife

Large round fry pan

flip over waffle maker

heavy Panini press grill

2 fryers

quesadilla grill

bread maker

Ninja

DeLonghi toaster/convection oven

mini crockpot

Honored Contributor

My KitchenAid juicer.

Mistake.

Respected Contributor
I don't know if any of you have heard of Freecycle. You go online and post to the group that you join if you have anything free to give or something you want for free. Then you decide from the response who to give it to. They come to your door and pick up the item. That's how I got rid of a computer and printer that still worked as well as a panini press. It make you feel good that you get to see the person who actually wants your item.
Honored Contributor

My curly French Fry cutter. I don't make French fries, much less curly ones. I don't know what I was thinking.

Respected Contributor

I have so many things that I was convinced that I couldn't live without, then usually forget I even have....

You know those electric donut/muffin/cake pops, etc. makers? You name one, I have it!

I have a G-T Express (I think that's what it's called) that I haven't used in ages...but I love to cut up hot dogs in corn bread mix.

Several bread machines.

A pizelle maker that I've never used - I have to try it out one of these days.

I have plenty of storage in my basement or garage, so I hang onto most of these things since I'll eventually get around to using them, but some items make me wonder what I was thinking, such as an iced tea maker. Seriously? It was more trouble than making strong tea in the kettle and putting in some ice cubes! That one went to the thrift shop.