Respected Contributor

I love watching Lidia Bastianich!

I don't get the create television channel at my house, but I can watch it at my MIL's house. I so enjoy watching Lidia Bastianich on this channel. I don't think she translated well on QVC selling her wares, but I think her cooking show is so great. I could watch her all day! She makes my mouth water most every time she cooks something. I love EVERY thing about her.

Do you have a favorite chef/cook on TV you like to watch?

Respected Contributor

Re: I love watching Lidia Bastianich!

I agree, she is wonderful to watch. Her dinners look easy to prepare.Smiley Happy. Create a TV had an old Jaque Peppes and Julia episode that I adored! My favorite, Julia.Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I only recently discovered her here on PBS. I'm of Italian descent, but still, Italian food is not my favorite. I do like her manner and the calm way she cooks and explains things. There's another Italian cooking show that I record called "Ciao Italia". I don't much care for it… nowhere as pleasant as Lidia.

Valued Contributor

That "Ciao Italia" host drives me crazy. I had no idea it was still on the air until I ran across it one weekday when searching the PBS channels. I remember watching her many years ago. She used to drive me up the wall saying "you see", "you see". {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2014 MathisFan said:

That "Ciao Italia" host drives me crazy. I had no idea it was still on the air until I ran across it one weekday when searching the PBS channels. I remember watching her many years ago. She used to drive me up the wall saying "you see", "you see". {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Yes. Something about her that turns me off, but I love Johnny Mathis. Is that the Mathis you refer to?

Occasional Contributor

Hi...please google Lidia, she is not such a nice person....there are 2 or 3 law suites against her for rippling off employees at her restaurants for tip money, and another case where she brought a non English speaking person to work as a housekeeper for an elderly gentleman looking after his sick wife and scammed him for a house worth thousands...goggle lidia bastianic lawsuites

Valued Contributor

I love watching Lidia on PBS--I think in my area (NE) she's on early Saturday afternoons (maybe 12:30 or 1). I also have always loved watching MaryAnn Esposito on Ciao Italia which is also on PBS. I also love watching Ina--I love her sense of taste, her ideas about entertaining, etc. However, sometimes the background stuff is mildly annoying. In fact, a girlfriend of mine & I always joke about "Jeffrey" and how Ina's always making that darn roast chicken! Smiley Wink Some of the more new-fangled chefs I'm not as into. I feel like you can just tell when a chef-an established one on the Food Network-or a newbie REALLY knows how to cook. Some seem a bit fake, or manufactured. While others just seem to have a very real sense about food and favors! I still miss watching Sarah Moulton. Did anyone else used to watch "Cooking Live" every night??????
Super Contributor

My husband loves her, never misses a show.
Respected Contributor

She's very calming to listen to.....I enjoy her shows too.

I'm sure if you google any famous person's restaurant you'll come up with lawsuits....it seems to be the lay of the land.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

I like watching Lidia also. She makes recipes that are not very complicated and taste great.

In general, I love Create TV. Such a pleasure watching Lidia, Jacque Pepin, Julia Child, New Scandanavian, etc. -- shows that show people making actual recipes on air, people who speak English correctly (no "you guys", or "e.v.o.o."), no "girls" hanging out (Giada), no long air hanging over the mixing bowl (Pioneer Woman), no migraine (watching competition cooking shows where they have to cook a meal for 50 in 6 minutes).

Yup, I'm getting old....