Occasional Contributor

Laura Weathers No Bake Oatmeal Energy Bars

Another search for one of Laura Weathers recipes! Anyone know the recipe for the no bake oatmeal energy bars that she was making with the Kitchenaid hand mixer this morning with Leah? I saw...in a pot melt butter brown sugar then she added what looked to be vanilla,oats,nuts, and cranberries? Don't know what the portions are or if I missed ingredients?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Re: Laura Weathers No Bake Oatmeal Energy Bars

<h3>Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars</h3>
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil (you could also substitute butter)
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts, raisins, or dried cranberries
  • 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips (or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you prefer)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove. {Watch this closely. Mine started to burn!}

Remove from heat once it’s melted together and add in the oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, nuts/raisins, and vanilla. Stir together until the chocolate is completely melted.

Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and cool in the fridge. If you’d like thicker bars, you can pour the mixture into a smaller pan.

When the mixture is hardened, cut into bars and eat. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

These are the best bars ever. You can't eat just one! Best of all, pretty much everything in them is healthful and nutritious!

Frequent Contributor

I have 2 pans of these chilling in the fridge right now. Hope they're good!

Trusted Contributor

Wow, those look fabulous. The recipe reminds me a bit of no-bake (boiled) cookies. Sadly, we have a nut allergy in my house, so I won't be making these. *sigh*

Respected Contributor

Leave out the nuts, it probably won't make any difference!!!