Super Contributor

Chickenbutt My Butler Review?

Hi Chichkenbutt, I was wondering if you received, tested and posted you review of the My Butler yet and in your opinion how it compares to the Ultimate, Chopper, especially the blade itself.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chickenbutt My Butler Review?

Anyone use this item yet? If so what did you make with it?

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Katey1261 said:

Anyone use this item yet? If so what did you make with it?

That indeed is a great question.. Anybody who can compare??
Honored Contributor

yes, it works great. Just used it today again on onions and bellpepper for sauce. handy. I don't have the Ultimate Chopper, but Chickenbutt has a few choppers, and can give you a comparison between the products.

Super Contributor

On 4/24/2014 shoekitty said:

yes, it works great. Just used it today again on onions and bellpepper for sauce. handy. I don't have the Ultimate Chopper, but Chickenbutt has a few choppers, and can give you a comparison between the products.

Thank you for your input I appreciate it. yes you are right notice the subject of this post:-)
Super Contributor

I received my unit and will evaluate over the next few weeks.

Super Contributor

So far I have used this to grate some hard cheese and it is the best of any of my appliances including VM , Multiple Ninjas, Blendtec, etc with this task using smaller quantities. One thing however is that you are limited to 10 seconds at a time

More to follow..

Honored Contributor

Hey 4! Sorry I haven't seen this. I don't spend a lot of time here lately. The place has become too caustic and, often, just plain childish.

Anyhoo, I also find this unit to perform very well - just like my Ultimate Chopper. In fact, it is the same wattage and every single thing about the body, cover, cup, etc, is exactly the same EXCEPT that the blade has a slightly different size area where it fits onto the unit. So, I couldn't switch the blades. But they otherwise are exactly the same. Oh! Except for the colors too, but that's strictly cosmetic.

The main thing there is that if you purchased a spare Ultimate Chopper blade, it wouldn't work because it won't snap down in. Because it would just sit there, that is probably not good.

That is one thing with these - you mostly just pulse stuff. I've never had a problem using it like that. Sure works a ton better than other mini food processor units. I've done everything from nuts to hard veg, like carrots (to shred for the birdie's bread), hard cheeses and domestic cheeses.

Glad you are enjoying it so far. It was definitely worth the price that day.

ETA - one thing about putting something like carrots in there - because it is this type of plastic, carrots will kind of stain the inside of the white cup BUT what I do is always do the carrots first, followed by nuts and seeds and that seems to make the orangey hue on the inside of the plastic completely go away. Learned that a few years ago when making birdie bread for my bird, so I just always do the carrots first and I don't have to scour the orangey color out of the container. Must be something moderately scientific that the nuts and seeds (or whatever I do after) makes the staining go completely away. Not enough brain power tonight to figure that out. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Hi Chickenbutt, thanks for the reply and the suggestion about chopping nuts after carrots.

Honored Contributor

Sorry that wasn't much of a review, as reviews go. I had received an email from a friend last night that you were asking, so I just stopped by quickly.

I still am glad I got this. I'm kind of weird for having an extra of something I really like because it seems like stuff I really like goes obsolete and then if something happens to the one I have I'm skrewed. The Ultimate Chopper got ridiculously expensive, so this was a great chance to have the same basic thing for much less. Mine still works like new after all these years and I got a spare blade, just in case.

The name though! What a ridiculous name they chose for this item. Very strange.