Respected Contributor

How many Whole Chicken Wings can you eat, to me thats the drumette, flat and tip!!

4 Fried, maybe more if they are baked with BBQ Sauce!!!! Love me some chicken wings.

Some restaurants call each piece a wing, so a drumette and flat are considered 2 wings to them. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

I line my baking sheet pan with foil and fold the tip under on the wings. I put the chicken wings on the sheet pan and salted, peppered and garlic powdered them. I set the oven to 375*and baked them for a while,then added about 1 1/2 c of water and cooked them some more. When they were done, I poured off the chicken "juice" in a plastic freezer carton. I'll freeze it to make chicken and pastry or soup. I returned the chicken to the oven for a few minutes. I BBQ Sauced 1/2 of them and kept the rest plain.

The family value pack of 14 wings were marked $14.00, but were marked down to $7.00 because of the sell by date of 3/29/2014. I always look for marked down meat to put in the freezer. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: How many Whole Chicken Wings can you eat, to me thats the drumette, flat and tip!!

whole wings?......4-5 usually. they are generally my favorite part of the bird, with the breast a close second. recently made some saffron chicken wings that were out of this world!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: How many Whole Chicken Wings can you eat, to me thats the drumette, flat and tip!!

I love chicken wings, but never tried how many I actually can eat. I just ordered that microwave chicken roaster thing and when I get it, perhaps I'll make a bunch to see what my limit is (just as a treat).

Super Contributor

Chicken wings are disgusting! When I was growing up they were not eaten. They were given to the dog. Now days they are everywhere and considered a meal.
Valued Contributor

On 3/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

whole wings?......4-5 usually. they are generally my favorite part of the bird, with the breast a close second. recently made some saffron chicken wings that were out of this world!

Saffron Chicken Wings? Oh my! Please post your recipe!! TIA
Honored Contributor

Depends how hungry I am ........

Valued Contributor

Hate chicken wings!

Honored Contributor

Depends on how hungry I am and how good the wings are but I know I could eat more than 4 or 5.

Regular Contributor

Zero - they are disgusting!!

Honored Contributor

I posted a recipe a few weeks ago or so in recipe swap after DH found a recipe for baked wings online which were really good. I made 16 total half drumette & half flat/tips. We both ate 8. I doubt I would eat more then 10. I don't like to eat until I get a stomach ache. When I eat them I spit out some of the skin as I don't really care to eat that.

SUNSHINE please post your saffron wing recipe. TIA