Frequent Contributor

My family and I go to the Jersey shore every summer and last year discovered this dessert concoction on the boardwalk. I was thrilled because none of us can eat traditional ice cream or yogurt for various reasons. This new shop was a true treat find for us and we stopped there once a day( sometimes twice) for the entire visit. It has taken me nearly a year to purchase this appliance, but I did yesterday. I haven't even as yet removed from box. Do any have tips and/or mixtures to rec? Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

I bought one mainly for myself. DH likes vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and rarely varies that. Smiley Happy I love smooth and creamy frozen desserts and love trying things out with the dessert bullet. My favorite is just frozen banana pieces. Frozen berries that were ripe to begin with are great . I can eat dairy so I use Fage non fat greek yogurt and mix in items like berries, chocolate, peanut butter, or?? with some agave or stevia, and flavoring vanilla or whatever goes, then I freeze it in silicone ice cube trays( they pop out easier). After they freeze I store in baggies so I can have just an individual serving. It is really creamy.

Since you cannot have dairy you could do similar with soy, almond milk or ??

I also sweetened, flavored , combined canned pumpkin puree, froze, then ran it through --YUM!

I find the cleanup real easy. I have a long handled brush and just wash /rinse/ & drain.

Anyone that has a Ninja or vita-mix can make similar desserts. I just love the 'swirly' --ness (?) of the dessert bullet though! To me it was worth the investment. The cookbook is really helpful. When feeling decadent the chocolate shell recipe makes a great hard shell topping . I cannot wait until Georgia peaches come to stores this summer!