Super Contributor

Help! I need a quick late night dinner idea for an unexpected guest this evening.

I am very happy, but also scrambling for a quick dinner idea. I have a friend who began her journey driving from NY to TX this morning. She is currently in KY and I asked if her GPS had her coming through my part of TN.

Anyway, she said that she would love to spend the evening with us, and I want to make sure to have something ready for dinner for her - - even though she probably won't be here until 8 this evening.

Any quick and awesome ideas? I will check back shortly - - but right now I have a guest room to get in order. Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance, ladies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help! I need a quick late night dinner idea for an unexpected guest this evening.

Depends if you want to have to run to the store or if you make something with ingredients already on hand.

I would probably bread some boneless chicken breasts or tenders in panko crumbs and sauté them in olive oil.

Make a huge hearty salad including avocados, croutons and cheese and either serve the chicken on the side or on top of the salad.

Something a little sweet afterwards, maybe you have a pound cake in the freezer or some ice cream?

Enjoy you time with your friend!

Valued Contributor

Re: Help! I need a quick late night dinner idea for an unexpected guest this evening.

Fried noodles are also QUICK and good that can be a great side dish or mixed with some veggies. Just boil some spaghetti noodles, than pan fry in butter Smiley Happy or light oil if you want to go the healthy route. Toss w/some veggies you have (either canned or fresh) and VIOLA!

I like the chicken idea too...quick and easy!

Honored Contributor

Since it will be late.......I'd do something light.......like an omelet and fruit salad.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I would just make some pasta and use sauce in a jar. If you have any chicken, pork chops or any meat - just pan fry and put pasta over.

Respected Contributor

I would just order take out with delivery. Since it was last minute she probably isn't expecting you to go all out. A bottle of wine will help also. Just enjoy your time with her. That's probably what she really wants.

Contributor

Too bad you don't have time to make some delicious Memphis bbq.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We actually had fried chicken for dinner this evening and I am going to pull that out as a late night offering and run to the store right now to pick up either garden or fruit salad items. I have some awesome NY state wine on hand (always) and will offer that as well. Lucky Charm...thanks for the cake idea. I will either pick up a small pound cake or an angel food cake - - maybe some strawberries to go with if they look nice. Don't know what time she will want to hit the road in the morning but after I return from the grocery store I'm going to make some southern sausage biscuit gravy for tomorrow morning. Can't thank you all enough for your awesome ideas! They are all great. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Would be nice if you could pack her up something to take on the road tomorrow.

The choices offered on the road aren't good ones for me as I'm vegetarian and we only eat organic.

That doesn't mean we starve on roadtrips. We eat quite well!