Better Than Black Friday
107 Members and 17071 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

NEW Vitamix Model - S30

Started 1395653354.327 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1397753448.2 by mrsdmk

http://blog.jlhufford.com/2014/03/product-preview-vitamix-s30-high.html

Coming soon (April is the rumor). Defined as "personal-sized" - contains a main, 40 oz. container, as well as a smaller 20 oz. "travel size" container. Even the 20 oz. container has a blade attachment. Seems to be more in line with the latest Ninja offerings, yet with the superior quality Vitamix is known for. Looks to have variable speed, too. Described as being very compact and something that can be taken on the road easily.

MSRP is $399, which means it will probably be listed for about $299 retail. Won't be too long before Jan Muller is presenting this on Q.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Page 1 of 2
Cats30001395653684.65409 PostsRegistered 10/7/2013

Go to the vitamix.com website. You'll see every product (home use and commercial use) that they have to offer. Were I going to buy a Vitamix, I'd start there.

cgando1395653701.907292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

Will be debuting on April 4th on Vitamix.com

cairnlover1395656777.352891 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

Can't wait to see it! Love my VM, but this one will be great to travel with!

Nightowlz1395687670.1739879 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

There is an article about it here. http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/news/new-vitamix-s30-pint-sized-powerhouse & a short video. It says for smoothie fanatics it's car friendly. NOT!!! Who wants to make a smoothie in the car as you are driving down the road. LOL!!! I don't think so.

Vitamix-S30.jpg

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

cgando1395689472.24292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011
On 3/24/2014 Nightowlz said:

There is an article about it here. http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/news/new-vitamix-s30-pint-sized-powerhouse & a short video. It says for smoothie fanatics it's car friendly. NOT!!! Who wants to make a smoothie in the car as you are driving down the road. LOL!!! I don't think so.

Don't drink and drive......you may spill your drink!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Last edited on 3/24/2014

chocolat1395690449.78381 PostsRegistered 11/17/2006
On 3/24/2014 Nightowlz said:

There is an article about it here. http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/news/new-vitamix-s30-pint-sized-powerhouse & a short video. It says for smoothie fanatics it's car friendly. NOT!!! Who wants to make a smoothie in the car as you are driving down the road. LOL!!! I don't think so.

Vitamix-S30.jpg

LOL, I'm guessing by "car friendly" they mean it will fit in most car cup holders.

mercedes21395693037.92711 PostsRegistered 11/18/2010

When Jan is doing the vitamix demo he makes a drink that is pink in color and list a few of the ingredients but not the amounts. I have looked for the recipe under the vitamix recipes. Was wondering if Jan could post the recipe for this drink. He has mentioned that it has the following; cabbage, beet, carrots, banana, apple, celery, etc. Every host says he taste great.

wagirl1395695381.4674735 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004
On 3/24/2014 mercedes2 said:

When Jan is doing the vitamix demo he makes a drink that is pink in color and list a few of the ingredients but not the amounts. I have looked for the recipe under the vitamix recipes. Was wondering if Jan could post the recipe for this drink. He has mentioned that it has the following; cabbage, beet, carrots, banana, apple, celery, etc. Every host says he taste great.

I make something similar except I omit the banana. Try a half of each thing. Not the cabbage tho, just a handful will do. And add some water or other liquid to thin it out or ice cubes.

LilyBell21395698898.337665 PostsRegistered 1/5/2011

Williams-Sonoma will have an exclusive on the S30 for three months after it makes its debut in early April.

cgando1395748863.42292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011
On 3/24/2014 LilyBell2 said:

Williams-Sonoma will have an exclusive on the S30 for three months after it makes its debut in early April.

Interesting...it won't be seen here (Q) for a while!

buford the­ pug1395874206.481136 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007Spring Lake,NJ

Thank you!!!! I recently started making my breakfast drinks in a blender, after just doing it in a glass and getting more creative... Just today, I stated looking at the Vitamix choices on the Q, as the e-zpay makes it affordable for me... but, many are too large. It is just for me and my morning shakes, this sound PERFECT!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up! I will be watching..

LilyBell21395889345.147665 PostsRegistered 1/5/2011

YouTube video, Unboxing the S30

Katey12611395892876.5833080 PostsRegistered 8/30/2008Texas
On 3/24/2014 LilyBell2 said:

Williams-Sonoma will have an exclusive on the S30 for three months after it makes its debut in early April.

I heard about this from Williams-Sonoma last Sunday. I go to their Technique Classes on Sundays. They said they were doing another Vitamix Class and they would be debuting a new Vitamix that was smaller. I will check it out there.

LilyBell21395894909.91665 PostsRegistered 1/5/2011

Katey, please come back and give us a full review after the class. Smile

Thebig I1395900605.83393 PostsRegistered 9/9/2012

tHEY ARE LIKE NEVER EVER GOING TO GET THAT 500 BUCKS FROM ME.

cgando1395935667.483292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011
On 3/27/2014 Thebig I said:

tHEY ARE LIKE NEVER EVER GOING TO GET THAT 500 BUCKS FROM ME.

Ok....tHaNkS fOr ThE UpDaTe!!

Katey12611395952869.6573080 PostsRegistered 8/30/2008Texas
On 3/26/2014 LilyBell2 said:

Katey, please come back and give us a full review after the class. Smile

Will do LilyBell2. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Katey12611395952934.2373080 PostsRegistered 8/30/2008Texas
On 3/27/2014 cgando said:
On 3/27/2014 Thebig I said:

tHEY ARE LIKE NEVER EVER GOING TO GET THAT 500 BUCKS FROM ME.

Ok....tHaNkS fOr ThE UpDaTe!!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

VCamp27481395953143.3137362 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006
On 3/24/2014 Nightowlz said:

There is an article about it here. http://refrigerators.reviewed.com/news/new-vitamix-s30-pint-sized-powerhouse & a short video. It says for smoothie fanatics it's car friendly. NOT!!! Who wants to make a smoothie in the car as you are driving down the road. LOL!!! I don't think so.

Vitamix-S30.jpg

I think they mean the travel container is car friendly. It's probably sized to fit a car's mug holder.

cgando1395955355.857292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

I absolutely love the overall size of the base and containers!! I am living solo, so right now there is no need for a 64 oz container. Something this size is perfect for those living alone or with one other person. Nice to see that Vitamix is becoming a player in this niche market!

cgando1395955677.727292 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

Also, this will put a dent in the Ninja stranglehold of smaller, personal blenders. Of course there will always be that audience that shops based on price and not quality. Not yet knowing how this will be priced, my guess is that it will bring more folks into the Vitamix camp that were put off by the larger, higher priced units. But if I had to provide a guess, I would think it would be in the ballpark of $299.00

GinnyCakes1396028479.896 PostsRegistered 3/28/2014

Very interesting...

I like the complete info provided in this review: Vitamix s30

Having a smaller blender base and a travel jar is a great idea but for $399??? Seems overpriced even for a Vitamix.

GinnyCakes1396028687.016 PostsRegistered 3/28/2014
On 3/27/2014 cgando said:

Also, this will put a dent in the Ninja stranglehold of smaller, personal blenders. Of course there will always be that audience that shops based on price and not quality. Not yet knowing how this will be priced, my guess is that it will bring more folks into the Vitamix camp that were put off by the larger, higher priced units. But if I had to provide a guess, I would think it would be in the ballpark of $299.00

The price is $399 - I agree $299 seems better.

Breea1396197083.95818 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007

Williams Sonoma has this listed at $499.99 with a $100.00 off for the debut bringing the price to $399.99. I read elsewhere that the MRSP is suppose to be the $399.99 price point? If this goes on sale for around $299.00 to $349.00 I'll jump on it later this summer. I'm not willing to spend $400.00 for the convenience. It comes with a 5 year warranty on the box, not the 7 year warranty and the horsepower if 700 so it is less powerful than the standard Vitamix blenders. I'm hoping they will come out with one later in the year or early next year that has a "smoothie" setting so you can walk away, come back, and its' done. If someone purchases, please give everyone a review.

LilyBell21396212791.98665 PostsRegistered 1/5/2011

People who have and use an RV a lot would probably get a lot of use out of this machine. I do think the S30 would be nice to have for travel; however, unless one travels a great deal, that's a lot of money to spend for something that is as expensive as a full-size Vitamix but with less power.

As I already own a Vitamix, I don't see the S30 as something additional to have at home for the sole convenience of making a smoothie in its own travel cup, not when it's so easy and convenient to make a smoothie and transfer it to a travel cup. However, if someone is looking to buy a machine for that primary purpose and they really don't care to have and use the full capabilities of a full-size Vitamix, then this machine could fill the bill.

Page 1 of 2