Occasional Contributor

Polish Stoneware Ex Pats, String 2

I haven't been on here in awhile and thought I would see if there was any activity. Did a search for Polish Stoneware in the Forum search, but came up with zero. Did they do away with our PS strings in Kitchen & Food Talk?

I miss all of my PS friends and the chatter. I guess it is all dead now. Too bad Gloria did not get a blog going on her site.

Of course I am anxiously awaiting Spring to arrive. So tired of the snow, ice, and cold. Most of the snow has finally melted here.

I hope at least some of you see this.

Happy Spring! Karen

After posting this, I clicked on my name and the old posts came up. They just did not pop up when I did the search.

Super Contributor

Re: Polish Stoneware Ex Pats, String 2

Hi Karen! It's so funny--I was just thinking today that I haven't seen everybody in such a long time--and here you are! It's so great to 'see' you! I just made a rather large PS purchase the other day--and I'd been so good!! But this is something I actually need!--a lasagna pan (aka rectangular baker.) I've been on the lookout for so long, to replace my really old one, that finally bit the dust. My old one was my first PS purchase, from the first PS show on the Q, so you know it had seen better days! That's it for awhile though, I think!

It's still cold here, too--sunny, but cold. There's been so much ice that at one point I wasn't able to get my car out for weeks at a time--I didn't think I'd see the light of day until the 4th of July!! But every now and then there's a hint of Spring in the air--some buds on our magnolia tree, shoots poking up through the ground, birdies chirping and tweeting. They must know something, right? Right??!

Wishing you a Happy Spring, too! (Aaaany day now!!) Amy

New Contributor

Good to hear from you Karen and Loopy! I thought the chat was gone forever! I miss the group too. I know there are still plenty of PS lovers out there as they are still buying at Zanger. I have purchased a few pieces but already have enough. It has to be something I really can use or need. Would be fun to be able to see how others use, decorate or some recipes maybe. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet.

This has been a long,cold,continuous winter here in Iowa. Snow again this am! I am so looking forward to spring and getting our garden going and working in my flower beds! Hopefully I will see my daffodils and crocus soon poking up through the ground. We have had a Robin sitting on a branch in my back yard. Put food in my bird feeder for it to give him/her hope that spring is going to happen! Do you mean real magnolia buds Loopy? I am from the South originally and really love the big white magnolia blooms!

It would be nice to have a just a Polish stoneware blog that was for all polish stoneware and not connected to any one place. All collectors would probably feel more comfortable with that as I'm sure they purchase from many different sites.

Stay well and Happy Spring!Smile

Regular Contributor

When Polish went off...Temptations came in....odd isn't it????
Trusted Contributor

Would you ladies be so kind, and share the web addresses you purchase Polish Stoneware from? I miss it, too. Seems like the Q has gotten rid of several quality items they use to sell. So sad. Thank you, if you're able to help me.

Temp-tations never tempted me. It reminds me of the dishes sold in my local dollar store.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2014 puggirl said: When Polish went off...Temptations came in....odd isn't it????

Temp-tations was on for years before PS went off, and was selling very well at that.

I never thought there was any comparison in the two. I purchased both, and the truth of the matter is that in this case, you got what you paid for. The Polish stoneware was so much better quality all around, but the TT was affordable and you didn't feel at such a loss to use and share it, as you weren't out a lot of money if it broke,failed/ grew legs and walked away.

I have had both types crack during use in the oven. Not something you hear much of with Polish stoneware, but it can happen.

New Contributor

On 3/20/2014 Lila4now said:

Would you ladies be so kind, and share the web addresses you purchase Polish Stoneware from? I miss it, too. Seems like the Q has gotten rid of several quality items they use to sell. So sad. Thank you, if you're able to help me.

Temp-tations never tempted me. It reminds me of the dishes sold in my local dollar store.

You can find the same Polish Stoneware that was sold on QVC at the Zanger site from Gloria.

New Contributor

I wasn't on the forum with you ladies but I do miss the Polish stoneware! I buy seconds at tjmaxx and Marshall's but even they don't have much lately. You can google it and find lots of sites to purchase from. My mom was Polish and I honor her with my beautiful pieces, quite a few from Qvc.
Respected Contributor

Hi Karen, Hopi and Loopy! I haven't checked our thread in a while. Just clicked on my shortcut and it didn't work. Guess they blew us up for lack of activity. I haven't bought anything since last august! I guess I am in recovery, HAHA! Our winter has been hard and I was ready for spring to arrive today, but then the weatherman said that we have two chances for snow next week!
Regular Contributor

Thanks Karen for starting this thread! I've been so bad with buying PS lately, that I need to go into a recovery program, but Gloria is happy.

I did have my first broken piece recently (of course, my favorite dessert plate) when a glass bowl dropped from my hands right into the sink on top of the plate and broke it into 3 pieces. I contacted Gloria and was able to get a replacement. Whew!

Tired of Winter also! Happy Spring everyone! Although I use it everyday, I am looking forward to serving Easter dinner on my gorgeous PS! Hope to take pictures and load them up here as well.

~Susan