Contributor
She is rude as usual. Poor Mary Beth. She can't say three words without a screaming interruption.
Trusted Contributor

She is just not my favorite. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I find her to be annoying. I know I'm in the minority here.

Trusted Contributor

She is loud. Like she doesn't know she has a microphone. I do like her exuburance in cooking, but I have never wanted to buy any of her cookware. I think oval pans take up too much stove space - 4 round ones fit better than oval ones. I don't think she has merited years & years on the Food Channel, a little of her goes a long way IMO.

Contributor

I know she can't help her raspy voice but I cannot listen to her and her hoarse voice, drives me nuts.

Honored Contributor

I cannot listen to her. Her voice and all her mannerisms drive me nuts.

Honored Contributor

I don't have many feelings, one way or the other, but I just tuned in with 9 minutes left in the hour, so see what is being discussed. Wow, it didn't take two seconds to see RR totally interrupt MBR every few seconds.

Is this a new version of manners or something? I notice a lot of people are interrupty and over-talky these days. That used to be considered profoundly rude (and STILL is by me!), but it just seems to be the way it is now.

As for RR's voice - I remember several years back she had some sort of operation for the problem she was having. I hope she isn't having something serious, but I thought it was supposed to fix her raspy voice problem and, I would imagine, the discomfort that goes along with that.

Honored Contributor
On 3/7/2014 KathyLFan said:

She is loud. Like she doesn't know she has a microphone. I do like her exuburance in cooking, but I have never wanted to buy any of her cookware. I think oval pans take up too much stove space - 4 round ones fit better than oval ones. I don't think she has merited years & years on the Food Channel, a little of her goes a long way IMO.

I agree. She has bad habit (like a couple of other vendors) of interrupting a lot. She even did it a lot with Rick a while back and it is unusual for him not to be able to get a word in. I watched a couple of minutes today with Marybeth and that was enough. I have never purchased from her line.

Regular Contributor

I absolutely loved watching Rachel on Food Network when she first went on air, back around 2004-2007?? She was calm and quiet - truly a different person than she is today. I don't watch Food Network anymore. I would love to find some "vintage Rachel" videos.

Honored Contributor

I was taking in some daytime tv yesterday and thinking WHAT is it with screaming women now? On TV they scream all day long. The hosts, the audience just all shrieking at the top of their lungs. What on earth have women become???

Super Contributor

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipe/17188_Pulled_Chipotle_Chicken_and_Fixins/index.html

This recipe was on her show a couple of weeks ago. If you like spicy, this is FABULOUS.

My sister can't watch her- the raspy voice drives her nuts. I watch whenever I can, I like to watch her cook and listen to her tips.

Her tip on this recipe- when you open the can of chipotle peppers, freeze the rest in a small baggie. When you need more, just slice it off!!!