Super Contributor

It was so funny.

The Scrub Daddy guy says the new lemon scent is "guaranteed to last...well...not REALLY guaranteed to last about 2 weeks."

He almost got himself into trouble. It was a nice walk back.

I love Live TV.

Regular Contributor

I would not scrub the peel off potatoes with a scented sponge. Gross! That's like scrubbing that scent into the vegetable. What are they thinking? Lemony potatoes anyone?

Super Contributor
On 2/22/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:

I would not scrub the peel off potatoes with a scented sponge. Gross! That's like scrubbing that scent into the vegetable. What are they thinking? Lemony potatoes anyone?

I was thinking the same thing.

On the other hand...peeling potatoes with a peeler is NOT a difficult thing in the first place...the idea that this sponge can do it easier is SO gimmickie.

They try SO hard to sell stuff...instead of letting the product just sell itself.

Respected Contributor

I love Scrub Daddy and I don't want a scent as long as it keeps not smelling soured like other sponges get! Who even wants any smell?? I never thought about using one to scrub veggies but I certainly will try a new one on some carrots.

Regular Contributor

I was wondering what their next "hook" was going to be since HSN sells the hog wash ones, pink pigs. My last set of scrub daddy's seem to wear down faster than the set I got when they first came out. So now scrub daddy offers more and scented. Wondering if the scent added has chemicals in the formula.

Super Contributor

I love my Scrub Daddy, it's the best thing I've found for cleaning my cast iron pan. However, it's not all that it's advertised to be. It doesn't last very long. I used one to clean my shower walls. It worked great, but it was totally spent by the time I was done. Still, I like it a lot.

Regular Contributor

I purchase the O-CEL-O two sided sponges that don't have the grooves that collect food particles (even egg and cheese!)and that are advertised to ""rinse clean."" My sponge never smells. I rinse it well after each use and let it air dry. I have also heard of sterilizing a sponge in the microwave for 10 seconds to eliminate the smelly sponge issue or putting it on the top shelf of the dishwasher.

Respected Contributor

I like my Scrub Daddy too! I love how it cleans my muffin tins out. However, I keep mine on my faucet (resting on his "mouth") and it is in direct sunlight for most of the day.... I have noticed that it is "thinning out" and discoloring where the sun hits it .....

Honored Contributor
On 2/22/2014 lynnsy said:

I was wondering what their next "hook" was going to be since HSN sells the hog wash ones, pink pigs. My last set of scrub daddy's seem to wear down faster than the set I got when they first came out. So now scrub daddy offers more and scented. Wondering if the scent added has chemicals in the formula.

I purchased Scrub Daddy right after seeing them on ST. I am waiting on the Hog Wash Scrubbers now. Hoping that I like them at least as much as SD.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor
On 2/22/2014 radimage said:
On 2/22/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:

I was thinking the same thing.

On the other hand...peeling potatoes with a peeler is NOT a difficult thing in the first place...the idea that this sponge can do it easier is SO gimmickie.

They try SO hard to sell stuff...instead of letting the product just sell itself.

I do think the idea of using the scent free scrub daddy to let small children 'pare' the potatoes and carrots, without a sharp blade, is a great idea. Let them help, and let them get used to handling the vegetables.