Better Than Black Friday
107 Members and 16994 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Does Anyone Have The Square Fiesta & How Do You Like Them?

Started 1374169560.953 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1374351125.963 by Illinois Judy

Am thinking of switiching to Fiesta for my dishes and the square ones appeal to me for the dinner plates, but I'm having a hard time finding them in the stores or anyone who has them. Thanks for any feedback.

Page 1 of 1
Erinn221374170331.7916 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006

I love Fiesta and have had my dishes since before I met my husband. When I moved in with him he informed me that the only way he would use Fiesta is if I got square plates since that is what he always had in other brands of dishes. So for our wedding I registered for all square place settings to make him happy. I love Fiesta and now own both square and round plates! I registered for ours at 2 stores- Kohls and Belk.

DiAnne1374170718.9675872 PostsRegistered 9/22/2010

I have the round plates but purchased the square luncheon plates to use with them. I also like the square ones and if I were starting over I would purchase the square.

duclane1374170961.3708 PostsRegistered 12/28/2004
chickenbutt1374172526.81324695 PostsRegistered 1/16/2006chickentown

Also, Amazon might be a good choice.

I don't have any square Fiesta except for that square covered box that I recently purchased. Still trying to figure out what I want to use it for, but I like it. :)

Bippity boppity BOOYAH!

webappq11374173106.111587 PostsRegistered 11/12/2012

I am just going to order

FunkySmily

Lannie1374178091.642039 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Thanks for the comments and places to get them.

I hesitate to order before I actually see the square plates in person. I also want to see the new color, Lapis, in person, although it's my favorite color online. I can't decide if I want all one color or mixed colors or square or round or.....the list goes on and on. I think I just have to take the plunge and buy something! And go from there. I can't see myself with just one color though, so more decisions to make.

Erinn221374181356.22316 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006

I saw the lapis in person a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! Initially I got plates in shamrock, tangerine and sunflower with accent pieces in ever color that is made. When we bought square plates I got those in cobolt, ivory and scarlet. At this point I have so many pieces in so many colors that I have a look for every season and occassion!

DiAnne1374190030.4275872 PostsRegistered 9/22/2010
On 7/18/2013 Lannie said:

Thanks for the comments and places to get them.

I hesitate to order before I actually see the square plates in person. I also want to see the new color, Lapis, in person, although it's my favorite color online. I can't decide if I want all one color or mixed colors or square or round or.....the list goes on and on. I think I just have to take the plunge and buy something! And go from there. I can't see myself with just one color though, so more decisions to make.

I started out with just yellow and soon I was adding colors. My man dishes are now red, yellow and shamrock green.

DaniM1374195770.277889 PostsRegistered 1/25/2009

I love the square plates, and am wanting the salad plates next. But the bowls do not stack well.

ariane1374199772.20367 PostsRegistered 6/27/2012
I have and love the square. I started with just two colors, turquoise and sunflower then added lemongrass. I am just now adding some bowls and round luncheon plates in plum since it was never made in square. It all looks great together. One more shopping venue is Dillards online. They have excellent everyday prices and a nice selection. Fiesta is definitely addictive!

shoekitty1374202131.86713116 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

I love the square Fiesta plates, and the mugs. I have both traditional round and the square. The square luncheon plates are a must for me. I use them for everything. In fact I used them a little while ago to bread some chicken with panko. My grandkids use those size plates all the time.

We do have a fiesta thread if you want to join us, we love it. The ladies there are top notch when it comes to answering questions. New collectors and old collectors. I collect vintage fiesta myself.

Some super online places besides the Macy's sales, and Kohls sales are dinnerwareusa.com, and dishesfast.com as well as Belk's, Dillards, and replacements.com I have to give a medal to dishesfast, dillard's and replacements for packaging! Omg, I have never had a broken piece with them. Macys online and Kohl's area mixed bag, but have excellent sales. Dishesfast.com has discontinued and new retired pieces at regular prices too!

Good luck! You will love the square pieces. They look wonderful with the round dishes too.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

shoekitty1374202363.2413116 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 7/18/2013 Erinn22 said:

I saw the lapis in person a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! Initially I got plates in shamrock, tangerine and sunflower with accent pieces in ever color that is made. When we bought square plates I got those in cobolt, ivory and scarlet. At this point I have so many pieces in so many colors that I have a look for every season and occassion!

erinn

There is no other way to go with Fiesta. It is an addiction, I admit it! I collect the fruit bowls in every Fiesta color. I have over 30 , most retired. It is inexpensive to try the colors. You can play around with the colors too. Chickenbutt led me to that idea, and I love it!

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

Lannie1374275248.5372039 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Ok, I'm checking out all these places - thank you all for the info.

I can just picture all your colors - they sound so beautiful together! I think I will also get a combo of square and round. I was going to start with Lapis and sunflower, but how can I not get the scarlet, shamrock, the purple, the colbalt......I think I'm addicted already and I dont even have any, lol!

I remember some of the older colors also and loved them. Boy, I can see how this can get out of hand. I will peek in on the Fiesta thread also and see what I can learn.

mima1374275570.6414707 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS

I don't have Fiesta dishes, but plan on starting someday. I read a lot of threads on them because of my interest.

I personally like square plates because food fits on them better. LOL I'm serious.

If I start my collection, I don't know which I'll get. I don't need more food!

Mima

Illinois J­udy1374351125.9631737 PostsRegistered 11/7/2007

I don't have square Fiestaware because I have so much that I don't have any room, but I did want to comment on the new Lapis. It's gorgeous and I didn't think I'd like another blue. I like it much better than last year's flamingo. Even though my space is now limited, I will figure out a way to squeeze more lapis in and love using it with periwinkle and sunflower.

Page 1 of 1