Respected Contributor

i will be making shepard's pie today fro lunch..........what are you making?

my friend is staying over from Texas and never ate shepard's pie.

today no sightseeing as we spent the whole week sightseeing in NYC, and we needed a break and some r&r from all that walking. she loved everything, especially Rockefeller center.

i have leftover shepard's pie filling i made with ground lamb and am defrosting it now.

i will be using my convection cycle to cook it in and am looking forward to using my pastry bag for the mashed potato topping, and my convection cycle has a browning feature to brown the top nicely. I also will be making it in my beleek ovenware.

my mouth is watering already, and my friend cannot wait to try it.

we will be enjoying my pool and back yard today, and will be lunching outside in the fresh air. We can smell the sea air in the back yard while enjoying steak and eggs for breakfast ala Texas style at her request, and from the 2nd floor veranda when the sun rose this morning the view to the Atlantic ocean with the sun shining on it made the ocean look like diamonds twinkling in the sunshine. the surf looked calm and inviting.....but we are too tired to walk over, so its pool time enjoyment for us both today.

tonite dinner will be light. just a Greek feta cheese salad and some fruit salad for dessert made using my qvc genius gizmo.......oh i love that gadget.

i hope everyone else has a great lunch & dinner too, and also enjoys this lovely day outdoors.