TSV(R) Preview
115 Members and 12013 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Anyone tried both Ninja Cooking System and Wolfgang Puck Versacooker?

Started 1360015680.253 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1360687950.24 by His Grace

I want to get one of these type cookers and wonder if there's any difference and if one is better than the other. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1
His Grace1360033176.34237 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
Great question. I have been wondering the same thing. I am more interested in the searing and roasting cuz I have a brand new slow cooker that sears and I luv it!

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

madcity4111360033921.034675 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

I don't know about the Versacooker, but Wolfgang's pressure cookers are great!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

RocketMom1360035336.72693 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007

I love the Versacooker and now have two. Near as I could tell from the presentations, the Versacooker can do everything the Ninja can do. I have never tried the Ninja but do recall seeing a comparison of the two on these boards. Perhaps someone will repost.

Last edited on 2/4/2013

Last edited on 2/4/2013

4uthebest1360048172.5173527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Indeed I have tried both and after my "tests" I came to the conclusion tghat the Versa Cooker can do everything the Ninja can with the exception of cooking spaghetti and meatballs (the Versacooker bubbled over because lid hole is smaller than Ninja) and the controls on the Ninja are more intuitive.

Other than that, The container on the VersaCooker is deeper allowing me to bake higher loaves of bread and larger chickens/roasts and the VersaCooker will come to searing temperature far faster than the VersaCooker.

Bob Warden before Christmas in promoting the 8 qt roaster for under $30 said it could steam roast and indeed it does.

Without a doubt the bowl of the VersaCooker is more substantial and to me its see through lid was an advantage.

Finally, I will deep fry in the VersaCooker and it is even promoted as being able to do that.

Both are good units, but I returned the Ninja as I did not need another appliance that did the same thing as those I have and in addition, I can also steam roast in my pressure cookers in even less time than any other of my appliances and my spaghetti and meatball dinner takes 7 minutes in my oval PC (after coming to pressure).

Last edited on 2/5/2013

Last edited on 2/5/2013

Last edited on 2/5/2013

Txblond1360067079.1871715 PostsRegistered 3/3/2007

I love my Ninja - so easy to operate & clean up is a dream. Everything I have made in it came out great. The VersaCooker is nice too, and I have one - but always reach for the Ninja.

forrestwolf1360104593.5476025 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

I now have 2 Versa Cookers, and can not imagine anything working any better, and am quite happy with my purchases...........Cool

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

4uthebest1360108138.283527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 2/5/2013 forrestwolf said:

I now have 2 Versa Cookers, and can not imagine anything working any better, and am quite happy with my purchases...........Cool

what recipes have you used for your versacookers that really have shown its strengths?

Geniebeanie1360187676.017299 PostsRegistered 5/11/2010
I have no room for anything else in my kitchen,but would like the Nina system if I had room.

par691360189081.1536 PostsRegistered 12/5/2012
On 2/4/2013 madcity411 said:

I don't know about the Versacooker, but Wolfgang's pressure cookers are great!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

wolfgang isnt only great but the best for your money.almost everything in our kitchen is wolfgang puck.

beba511360199216.26312 PostsRegistered 11/19/2011
I have the versa cooker I only use it when I entertain, because it is to big for two people. I got my ninja use it today and I am sending it back. It took so long to heat up on the stovetop mode I could have cooked half of my meal by the time it heated up to sauté a onion. I knew I shouldn't have bought this monstrosity, but I did and now I can drive 25 miles to town to send it back. Not to mention the $ 11. Return shipping fee.

forrestwolf1360282670.9136025 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia
On 2/5/2013 4uthebest said:

what recipes have you used for your versacookers that really have shown its strengths?

I have used it now for 3 years at the Historical Society for spiced cider, as I can add more, and turn up the temp, and it is hot again in just moments, and I use the browning feature all the time for then slow cooked roast, ribs, and such, and corned beef and cabbage for work, and 15 bean soup for work, and browning sausage, then making stuffing in it, and browning meats for a casserole, and then baking the casserole in 1 pan...........Gosh, I can even tell you how much I have made, and I would not give it up.............Cool What do you like to cook the most in it.....??

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

4uthebest1360288580.713527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 2/7/2013 forrestwolf said:
On 2/5/2013 4uthebest said:

I have used it now for 3 years at the Historical Society for spiced cider, as I can add more, and turn up the temp, and it is hot again in just moments, and I use the browning feature all the time for then slow cooked roast, ribs, and such, and corned beef and cabbage for work, and 15 bean soup for work, and browning sausage, then making stuffing in it, and browning meats for a casserole, and then baking the casserole in 1 pan...........Gosh, I can even tell you how much I have made, and I wochicken uld not give it up.............Cool What do you like to cook the most in it.....??

I imagine out of everything I made so far, our favorite is the steam roasted pork loin and after that mock fried panko coated boneless chicken breasts.

We also use it to deep fry onion rings and other "forbidden" treats..

RichieRich1360564815.54103 PostsRegistered 10/29/2004

i've had some bad luck with wolfgang products. i just bought the ninja 3 and 1 cooking system and i really like that and it makes the spaghetti just like it was demonstrated on the show. i've always had good results from ninja products. they work well and i haven't had one stop working yet.

i had wolf's blender and it broke in 2 weeks and i had some of his pans (stainless) and coldn't ever get them to be like non stick like they do for him. also there was a residu on the inside of the pan on the insides, not the bottom and the only thing i use them for now is to crisp tortillas in oil.

SteveL98321360615388.9171 PostsRegistered 2/11/2013

Haven't used the Versacooker but the Ninja is awesome. You can make so many different things in it and it's way easier than cooking on the stove/in the oven. Here is a pretty in-depth review I just found on the Ninja if anyone wants to check it out before purchasing: http://www.yourenotstupid.com/ninja-cooking-system-review/

His Grace1360638330.273237 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
On 2/11/2013 SteveL9832 said:

Haven't used the Versacooker but the Ninja is awesome. You can make so many different things in it and it's way easier than cooking on the stove/in the oven. Here is a pretty in-depth review I just found on the Ninja if anyone wants to check it out before purchasing: http://www.yourenotstupid.com/ninja-cooking-system-review/

I want either the versacooker or ninja. I already have a Great slow cooker that browns. I want a great roaster that sears/browns! Have u used this as a roaster? Also, I've heard the ninja takes a long time to heat up to sear...have u found that to b true? edited on 2/11/2013 Last edited on 2/11/2013

Last edited on 2/11/2013

From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another. Jn 1:16

4uthebest1360666019.3573527 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 2/11/2013 His Grace said:

I want either the versacooker or ninja. I already have a Great slow cooker that browns. I want a great roaster that sears/browns! Have u used this as a roaster? Also, I've heard the ninja takes a long time to heat up to sear...have u found that to b true? edited on 2/11/2013 Last edited on 2/11/2013

I agree that the Ninja takes longer to sear but what is time anyway... Actually the Ninja and VersaCooker roast well and because of the lid design (I would guess) the steam roasted proteins in the VersaCooker seem moister but both are good. The Ninja controls are more intuitive but the VersaCooker is deeper and I have deep fried shrimp in it and I do not know if this is possible with the Ninja. Without a doubt, the cooking vessel is more substantial with the VersaCooker.

I do not think you can go wrong with either product but they each have their strongpoints and apart from purchasing the Ninja at BB&B/Kohls, the mail order one has a 5 year warranty and the VersaCooker certainly does not.

His Grace1360687950.167237 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
On 2/12/2013 4uthebest said:
On 2/11/2013 His Grace said:

I agree that the Ninja takes longer to sear but what is time anyway... Actually the Ninja and VersaCooker roast well and because of the lid design (I would guess) the steam roasted proteins in the VersaCooker seem moister but both are good. The Ninja controls are more intuitive but the VersaCooker is deeper and I have deep fried shrimp in it and I do not know if this is possible with the Ninja. Without a doubt, the cooking vessel is more substantial with the VersaCooker.

I do not think you can go wrong with either product but they each have their strongpoints and apart from purchasing the Ninja at BB&B/Kohls, the mail order one has a 5 year warranty and the VersaCooker certainly does not.

4uthebest: Thanks! I think the only thing holding me from buying the versacooker is the number of complaints about the interior peeling. Have you experienced this? Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1