Spring & Summer Beauty
91 Members and 14121 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Ninja 3 In One Cooking System

Started 1351768173.793 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1352203933.827 by Txblond

Do any of you gals & guys have the new Ninja Cooker - if so I would appreciate your review. How does this compare with Wolfgang Puck's Versa Cooker? Thanks for any opinions!

Page 1 of 1
nascar fan1351771880.4171027 PostsRegistered 1/25/2005

if you scroll back, we several threads on this cooker. i own it. luvin it so far. as for comparing to wolfies, well, i dont own that one so i cant say. i bought mine at bj's for 139.95. bb& sells it too as well as walmart. each place comes with different things. mine came with meat lifters tongs, mini baking pan, mini muffin pan, metal meat"basket trivet", and 2 silicone finger grabbers. BUT the big difference is i think the full size cookbook. i dont think the others come with it. i might be wrong, not sure. it is the same size as bob's ckbk for the ninja food processor thingy. i have used mine several times, not all features yet. havent tried to steam bake yet, but what i have used i like. inner pot washes up great. lid& pot are arnt supposed to go in dishwasher, but they cleaned up great in sink. hth nascar fan

cgando1351780601.423271 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

Have one and love it....love the fact that I can sear in it first before turning it over to a slow cooker where I can adjust the length of time it cooks. I had looked at the Versa Cooker before opting for the Ninja...it was merely a flip of the coin since I think you can't go wrong with either.

So far the Ninja has been working beautifully and is so easy to clean. Can't beat one pot searing and slow cooking. I also like (will try this weekend for the first time) that I can place it on the oven setting and braise my meats. Looking forward to braising some chicken this Saturday.

cotton571351794283.10341 PostsRegistered 12/2/2004

I just got this a day ago. I browned 2 lbs of hamburger for sauce and it took a long time to preheat and brown. It never did get really brown. I called customer service and she said that was normal. Anyone else notice this?

lacey11351794731.042048 PostsRegistered 6/5/2009

I've seen this advertised, (the Ninja). I have the 1100 Ninja blender and was very pleased with it. It was well-made and designed. If anyone is interested in this new system, I would wait and see if QVC picks it up as a TSV. That way, ol Bob will give about 600 demonstrations and you'll get a great idea if you want to get one!

horseluvr361351868889.4517 PostsRegistered 2/2/2009

I am very interested in getting the Ninja 3-in-1 cooking systems myself. I would like to wait until QVC picks it up but not sure I can hold out, since it is eating season. I too was wondering how easy it was to convert recipes. I was trying to find out if they were having an upcoming Ninja show.

4uthebest1351874061.9033517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Strangely enough for me, I just returned from BB&B after having the cooker in my cart and then after reading the 75 recipes in the extra book, decided that I could do virtually anything it does in other appliances I already have including the WP Versacooker, various PCs, and many others. One factor that influenced my decision was the light weight of the lid and then also recently roasting a Chicken in my new oval pressure cooker and making Bob's "Kiss the cook" ribs.

My decision to not purchase rather than financial was to me more personal and that is duplication of efforts and actually increased cooking times from what I am now seeing...Case in point w as the spaghetti and meatball recipe and its 25 minute cook time vs what I can do with my Stovetop PC/Induction cooktop combo in about 16 minutes which includes time to come to pressure.

I am still curious however with comments from those that have the WP Versacooker and this Ninja, how it compares. One thing I do in the WP is to deep fry and tat did not seem to be an option with this Ninja.

I think there are others that might be interested in some comparisons as well ??

forrestwolf1351962658.645880 PostsRegistered 6/20/2010Deep in South Georgia

I personally love the Wolfgang Versa Cooker, and I only sing high praises for this kitchen appliance...........{#emotions_dlg.tt1} You can read my many high praises...........WP will be at HSN this weekend over scattered times.........and on the home page, it has free shipping on items PLUS special prices.........Well the 2nd version of this, with the divider, is on a clearance price, and 2 flex pays........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Well, when I looked it up, under this heading...........It did not have free shipping.......{#emotions_dlg.angry} I called customer service and explained that this was deceiving.......and they agreed to give it to me with free shipping and 2 flex pays as well...........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I want one to take places, such as work, as people have not cared for it in a proper manner, when I take it places.........So I want one for my use, and one to travel with............Cool I have cola bbq ribs in mine as I type......{#emotions_dlg.devil2} I have no use for the divider, but it is still one in the same appliance........They do have replacement inserts for the cooker..........BUT...........they are more than a brand new appliance......{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack"
1895 Rudyard Kipling
EDUCATE........NOT ERADICATE

4uthebest1351973634.6173517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 11/3/2012 forrestwolf said:

I personally love the Wolfgang Versa Cooker, and I only sing high praises for this kitchen appliance...........{#emotions_dlg.tt1} You can read my many high praises...........WP will be at HSN this weekend over scattered times.........and on the home page, it has free shipping on items PLUS special prices.........Well the 2nd version of this, with the divider, is on a clearance price, and 2 flex pays........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Well, when I looked it up, under this heading...........It did not have free shipping.......{#emotions_dlg.angry} I called customer service and explained that this was deceiving.......and they agreed to give it to me with free shipping and 2 flex pays as well...........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I want one to take places, such as work, as people have not cared for it in a proper manner, when I take it places.........So I want one for my use, and one to travel with............Cool I have cola bbq ribs in mine as I type......{#emotions_dlg.devil2} I have no use for the divider, but it is still one in the same appliance........They do have replacement inserts for the cooker..........BUT...........they are more than a brand new appliance......{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Txblond1352030215.481713 PostsRegistered 3/3/2007

jasica1 - which system do you love - the Versacooker or the Ninja 3in1??

4uthebest1352070491.4533517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Txblond, I stated previously that I looked at the Ninja and the recipe book and I was not impressed and I thought I could duplicate these things in the Versacooker so today I decided to make a pork roast in the same manner as the Ninja and it was the most incredible pork roast we ever had.

I used a natural msg free spice mixture to coat the pork loin, seared all sides and ends, and then added some chicken broth and some wine to the bottom and used a rack which I placed the pork on and set the temp for 350 and a time of 40 minutes. Result was the most juicy flavorful pork loin we ever had. In a few minutes I will be baking a cake with low fat just as with the ninja and will report back, but so far, it seems to be able to do all the ninja does.

4uthebest1352077863.0333517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Txblond, I just baked a single layer no fat (except fat from eggs) pumpkin cake in the Versacooker with steam assist and set for 350. The cake rose well and was done cooking in 21 minutes and it is very moist.

Txblond1352116342.2031713 PostsRegistered 3/3/2007

4uthebest - thanks for your pork loin recipe & info. I have the Versacooker also. Just had to have the Ninja for my kitchen collection - LOL.

cotton57 - I made Stew yesterday in the Ninja & browned the stew meat. It took a few minutes to heat up to sear, but I was busy compiling the other ingredients, so was not an inconvenience. The meat browned very well in a short period of time, so I'm thinking maybe you should return yours & try another one.

The stew was real good & I can't believe it was done in a few hours - I had it on Slow Cooker "low" & expected it to take a lot longer. It wasn't boiling at all & you could hardly tell it was cooking, so its really fast.

4uthebest - Think I might try the Pork Loin next. Will post again & give another review of what I make. I don't usually make desserts because DH is a diabetic, but your cake sounds delicious.

4uthebest1352131181.6273517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 11/5/2012 Txblond said:

4uthebest - thanks for your pork loin recipe & info. I have the Versacooker also. Just had to have the Ninja for my kitchen collection - LOL.

cotton57 - I made Stew yesterday in the Ninja & browned the stew meat. It took a few minutes to heat up to sear, but I was busy compiling the other ingredients, so was not an inconvenience. The meat browned very well in a short period of time, so I'm thinking maybe you should return yours & try another one.

The stew was real good & I can't believe it was done in a few hours - I had it on Slow Cooker "low" & expected it to take a lot longer. It wasn't boiling at all & you could hardly tell it was cooking, so its really fast.

4uthebest - Think I might try the Pork Loin next. Will post again & give another review of what I make. I don't usually make desserts because DH is a diabetic, but your cake sounds delicious.

Hi Txblond,

I may visit my local Kohl's today as it is about 3 miles from me and perhaps get the Ninja after all as I am curious as to how it will compare to the Versacooker. My guess right off would be that the controls are a bit easier to set and more precise and it might cook differently, but I will be able to say more once I try to duplicate the recipes.

Today I want to steam roast a bottom round and see how it comes out.. I purchased two of them and so I will be able to compare once they are cooked but we shall see and I will certainly (Lord willing) report back.

cgando1352132725271 PostsRegistered 8/21/2011

Like I mentioned above, I have the Ninja and have browned/seared in it, with success. It does take a little while to get the heat up. I've found that keeping the lid on helps a lot to get the heat up for browning. After a few mins, I remove the lid and it's good to go. I also leave the lid on as it's searing, only removing it to flip the meat over - it works like a charm.

Personally, I love mine. It's great having one pot that does it all. But I can see where the Versa Cooker would be nice too, practically being idetical to the Ninja in functionality.

4uthebest1352142532.9533517 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

Txblond, I went to Kohls and they did not have it and then I went to BB&B.. immediately loaded the box into my shopping cart.. went to the display and looked at their rack inside the container and quickly saw that neither my beef roast or my chicken would fit inside it so I put the box back and drove home. I am in the meantime searching for a rack substitute that would not be as high as the included one and when I find one I might go back again (if I am at Sam's Club across the street) but I am in no hurry.

Txblond1352203933.8271713 PostsRegistered 3/3/2007

cgando - It never occurred to me to leave the lid on while searing - will try that next time. I love mine so far - have to get busy & cook something else.

4uthebest - Did you mean you could not fit your beef roast or chicken in the Ninja because it would be too high, even with the dome lid feature? I could see where a really big chicken might not fit, but I thought a bottom round roast would be flatter - never fixed one. I usually do a chuck roast.

I found the Ninja to be really easy to operate & set the controls with minimum steps. Maybe I'm lazy - LOL. Hope you can find a rack that works, because I know how you like to compare various cooking items & I always enjoy your reviews. My next problem is trying to find a place to put it. I'm always having to move stuff around.

Page 1 of 1