Creede Silver Sale
133 Members and 12443 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food Talk

Anyone own an As Seen On TV Green Pan? Reviews?

Started 1326978462.797 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1327872397.693 by 4uthebest
Hello:). I've been wanting to try this new item because supposedly it eliminates the need for any oil/butter when cooking. It claims that the food will not stick-even without it. I'm just wondering if this is too good to be true! I'd appreciate any reviews please. TIA:)

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
Leah19641327005945.46451 PostsRegistered 8/23/2011New Castle

bunnypink, the ones on HSN have very poor reviews. I dont own one,but from all the negative things said I wouldn't open my wallet.

bobhurley1327007827.047784 PostsRegistered 7/24/2005

I hope this helps. My brother has the Todd English green pans and he says that while they're good pans, he still has to add a little butter or oil when he makes eggs, or at least when he scrambles them.

On the other hand, I have the Bialetti Aeternum ceramic non-stick (the same ones they had on QVC a few days ago) and I made scrambled eggs the other day without any butter or oil, and those eggs were just sliding all over the pan. I've never had a set of non-stick that didn't leave at least slight film of egg when I made scrambled. FYI, I paid about $34 for the 10" skillet.

PS Don't be discouraged by the snow-white interior. There's no Teflon in them at all.

Last edited on 1/19/2012

Last edited on 1/19/2012

blondegirl1327009094.5731784 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

I love my todd english green pans from HSN - best cookware I have ever had! I treat myself everytime he is on to a new pot/pan though I am out of room now. Nothing sticks and they wash up very easily. I don't have to use oil or butter. Sometimes do for the flavor.

nomless1327009210.2434486 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

In my experience, they're non-stick for 6 uses. That's it. After that, if you don't mind a lot of soaking and scrubbing, the pans are OK. They cook OK, but they're not non-stick. You'll need to use butter, oils, etc. I've tried Green Pans, Earth Pans, and MarkCharles' version, and all performed exactly the same: after 6 uses, they're no longer non-stick. I seasoned them as instructed, never used cooking spray, never put in dishwasher. Stainless steel is much easier to clean than these.

Last edited on 1/19/2012

Last edited on 1/19/2012

anniebear1327009699.777649 PostsRegistered 3/1/2009

If these are the same as the Todd English Green Pans, don't waste your money! I bought a small set of those and the coating on the pans doesn't stick to the pans either! Mine started flaking off almost immediately. I stopped using them when this happened since I thought using something to keep food from sticking was better than eating food from a pan that was leaving pieces of the non-stick coating in whatever was cooking. I only used the sort of utensils they said could be used when cooking so the problem was with the pan, not the way it was being used.

purrmom1327016275.0533400 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

Whatever you do, don't buy from those informercials unless you want to pay ridiculously high shipping charges. Look at Target or WalMart & try just 1 piece, not a whole set, to see if you like it.

bunnypink1327016985.1431461 PostsRegistered 4/14/2008

Thanks for the replies! :)

It sounds like they are too good to be true :( I almost bought one yesterday at Walgreens (of all places-ha!) and it was $19.99 but I'm glad I asked here first!

Thanks again!

LexPex1327017392.6071721 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009GO PATS

I own the Todd English green pans. I bought a set that included 3 fry pans and 2 sauce pans. I also purchased a large 12 quart pan.

Within the first six months food stuck on the fry pans even though I took special care of them. I finally threw them out. I still have the sauce pans but they really should also go. I actually like the large pan and make gravy/sauce in it all the time.

I would be very skeptical.

formerly "elvis" with 2,000 + posts

Angel181327026758.68451 PostsRegistered 1/24/2011

As some of the posters said, it's better off if you don't buy them. While there are a huge number of reviews that praise the pans and a few customers that do receive good quality pans, there is still a considerable amount of customers that have received badly made pans. They do seem slightly better than when the line first came out in 2007 but doesn't seem too much like a noticeable difference. Not even Cook's Illustrated recommends them.

4uthebest1327028476.993526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/19/2012 bunnypink said:

It sounds like they are too good to be true :( I almost bought one yesterday at Walgreens (of all places-ha!) and it was $19.99 but I'm glad I asked here first!

Thanks again!

bunnypink, having owned many of the ceramic earth/greenpans I saw the Orgreenic in Walgreens and I can tell you that the surface is NOTHING at all like any of the others that I have/had. If I was not using an induction top exclusively now I would have bought it just to try it out as I never saw such a smooth surface on nonstick cookware before.

Angel181327028865.047451 PostsRegistered 1/24/2011
On 1/19/2012 4uthebest said:

Thanks again!

bunnypink, having owned many of the ceramic earth/greenpans I saw the Orgreenic in Walgreens and I can tell you that the surface is NOTHING at all like any of the others that I have/had. If I was not using an induction top exclusively now I would have bought it just to try it out as I never saw such a smooth surface on nonstick cookware before.

I've read reviews on Orgreenic, they're not all much better than GreenPans, EarthPans and the like. I saw an infomercial with a chef and it was hosted by none other than QVC's Marie Louise Kier. While it looks great and everything, it just seems like a rehash of GreenPans with Cuisinart Hard Anodized cookware designs.

4uthebest1327214851.2833526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/19/2012 Angel18 said:

Thanks again!

I've read reviews on Orgreenic, they're not all much better than GreenPans, EarthPans and the like. I saw an infomercial with a chef and it was hosted by none other than QVC's Marie Louise Kier. While it looks great and everything, it just seems like a rehash of GreenPans with Cuisinart Hard Anodized cookware designs.

That could be right, however as I said the surface is sure FAR smoother than any of the greenpans that I have yet even they require pretreating which I personally think is ridiculous for non-stick considering I have a T-Fal Wok made in France from 35+ years ago that is like new and probably was the best purchase I ever made in K Mart and nothing sticks to it and it is a dream to clean.

Speaking of GP, now my saucepan that I have just used for boiling water and warming milk is sticking and that speaks volumes about the greenpan inability to maintain non-stick qualities even when not using high heat.

Freehold1327279839.52345 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011

I just purchased a Organgreen (spelling) green pan from Bed & Bath $19.99, this pan is wonderful, the only draw back is I used my metal spatula on it and I did see a couple of nicks. You do not need to use any oil in this pan and as one of the posters stated it is the smoothest surface I have every seen.

Angel181327292921.05451 PostsRegistered 1/24/2011
On 1/22/2012 4uthebest said:
On 1/19/2012 Angel18 said:

Thanks again!

That could be right, however as I said the surface is sure FAR smoother than any of the greenpans that I have yet even they require pretreating which I personally think is ridiculous for non-stick considering I have a T-Fal Wok made in France from 35+ years ago that is like new and probably was the best purchase I ever made in K Mart and nothing sticks to it and it is a dream to clean.

Speaking of GP, now my saucepan that I have just used for boiling water and warming milk is sticking and that speaks volumes about the greenpan inability to maintain non-stick qualities even when not using high heat.

Yeah I don't get why nonstick pans even need pretreating. And for some of them you only need to do it once. What good will that do? After a few uses the oil will wear off.

A nonstick pan that's 35+ years old. That's amazing and rare to hear. And that was way before the DuPont with Scratchguard came out.

A little surprised to hear that the saucepan is sticking as you're only boiling in them.

willdob31327293248.73710478 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010
I made the mistake of buying a set. They were never non-stick. They would stick even using added oils. They are worse than the cheap stuff you can get at WalMart. At least those work at first.

cpn2jxp1327294582.92506 PostsRegistered 9/12/2007
On 1/19/2012 nomless said:

In my experience, they're non-stick for 6 uses. That's it. After that, if you don't mind a lot of soaking and scrubbing, the pans are OK. They cook OK, but they're not non-stick. You'll need to use butter, oils, etc. I've tried Green Pans, Earth Pans, and MarkCharles' version, and all performed exactly the same: after 6 uses, they're no longer non-stick. I seasoned them as instructed, never used cooking spray, never put in dishwasher. Stainless steel is much easier to clean than these.

Last edited on 1/19/2012

ITA! I loved them, bought all the fry pans. Now they stick worse than any other pan I own. I even gave them as gifts and they had the same results. Stainless is much better.

4uthebest1327347240.863526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/22/2012 Angel18 said:

A nonstick pan that's 35+ years old. That's amazing and rare to hear. And that was way before the DuPont with Scratchguard came out.

A little surprised to hear that the saucepan is sticking as you're only boiling in them.

Actually I am a whole bunch surprised but to be fair I also heated milk for lattes in it but still that rarely got about 209 degrees as my target was 201.

Regarding the 35+ year old t-fal.. never once did I use anything but wood or plastic utensils and of course since T-Fal days the instructions always were to cook on low to low medium and that is what I have done all these years.

Angel181327348946.587451 PostsRegistered 1/24/2011
On 1/23/2012 4uthebest said:
On 1/22/2012 Angel18 said:

Actually I am a whole bunch surprised but to be fair I also heated milk for lattes in it but still that rarely got about 209 degrees as my target was 201.

Regarding the 35+ year old t-fal.. never once did I use anything but wood or plastic utensils and of course since T-Fal days the instructions always were to cook on low to low medium and that is what I have done all these years.

It's really unfortunate that GreenPans and cookware similar to it are touted as nonstick and the customers later find out that bare stainless steel, which has a notorious reputation of sticking perform much better.

I'd love to see pictures of your T-Fal pan/wok. Though the fact that it's a wok and having a nonstick surface makes no sense.

bobhurley1327350140.553784 PostsRegistered 7/24/2005

I notice several posters mention Orgreenic pans. This may be a bit off-topic since I don't own any and can't review them, but I think you should be aware of something if you're thinking of ordering them from the infomercial.

Probably about two years ago I saw the infomercial and called to order the "Try Me" skillet. The infomercial stated that S&H would be upgraded for free within the next ten minutes, or whatever. The rep. I spoke to advised me that expedited S&H would not only NOT be no additional charge, but that there would be a premium for that option. I bit anyway. Then she tried to sell me a whole set of those pans for something like $200+ - this before I even had a chance to try the "Try Me."

Anyway, after waiting about three months for the pan coming to me by "expedited" shipping, I was advised that the pan I ordered was on back order (gee, you could have fooled me). Another month later I got a card asking if I wanted to cancel the order. When I marked it yes and sent it back, they called to offer free expedited shipping (again) if I reinstated the order. I did, and then I never heard from them again.

They have serious problems in CS and S&H over there. My advice would be to spare yourself the aggravation.

4uthebest1327364220.2933526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/23/2012 Angel18 said:

I'd love to see pictures of your T-Fal pan/wok. Though the fact that it's a wok and having a nonstick surface makes no sense.

I could post a picture if I knew how to do so.. I just learned today..Any discoloration is really due to the photograph as it is very uniformly black.

Last edited on 1/25/2012

Last edited on 1/25/2012

4uthebest1327364303.0573526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/23/2012 bobhurley said:

They have serious problems in CS and S&H over there. My advice would be to spare yourself the aggravation.

ITA and that is why I would get it from BB&B or Walgreens.

krissybell1327386652.787521 PostsRegistered 7/10/2010TYLER TX

I BOUGHT THE ONE ON HSN/I DONT EVEN COOK MUCH AND THEY STILL STICK{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

BJ/JUST THE WAY I AM

kilkenny101327391628.103804 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

just buy a"real" cast iron pan and forget about worrying about chemicals etc!

4uthebest1327392294.663526 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 1/24/2012 krissybell said:

I BOUGHT THE ONE ON HSN/I DONT EVEN COOK MUCH AND THEY STILL STICK{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

the greenpans that HSN sells are not the same as orgreenic as the orgreenic are very smooth.

ALTECHNET1327398246.433725 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010USA

No they don't stick and they're healthier too to use than the old dupont ones that flake off and can make you feel stick of the fums that they give off of the chemicals used. Green Pan are the best to use free of PTE and PTF etc.. HSN Green Life stay away from those. You want the ones with the extra shinny metal on the bottom. You pay more for those. Also Target has Green Pan set for $89 bucks I have that one. I also got the German one Ozri Green Pan they cost more or when on sale. They're black raise and the Green Pan is light gray. Too me both have the same features. Green Pan sold at Target comes with a Wok and a small sauce pan. This is my issue I need some more pots and HSN seems to be the only one that has them. Also don't wast these pans and pots in the dishwasher do it by hand so it will look it's best. Stay healthy and ditch all those Ajax, Joy and get 7 Gen products are less toxic. Read your labels..

Windows Client / Server OS and Android OS Expert

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next